Anyone using an apple wireless keyboard?

JellyUK

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

My hackintosh is up and running now, but i've run into a weird problem...

My apple wireless keyboard works great with my belkin bluetooth dongle, but acts weirdly when i sleep the system and then wake it up. After waking, the function keys no longer work as normal, they function as if i was holding fn constantly (or the option in keyboard settings was selected to have function keys function as F1, F2 etc).

If i trash the com.apple.bluetooth.plist and restart, the problem goes away, but it will re-appear when i sleep and wake the system. It doesn't matter if i wake the system with the bluetooth keyboard (which works fine), mouse, or another usb keyboard.

Does anyone have any idea what i can do to fix this? It's not a dealbreaker, but pretty damn irritating...

Thanks ;)

Jelly

what bluetooth dongle are you using? If I remember correctly, there aren't many that are "sanctioned" by apple (ie.. support waking from sleep)

The bluetooth dongle is a mini belkin one (http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=454501). It works great with OSX in general, it's only this issue that i have with it. Can you suggest one that is sanctioned by apple? The dongle does wake from sleep, but it seems to muck up the bluetooth plist file... I've heard good things about targus (?) ones...

disable power saving option... :)

So you mean disabling sleep? I'd rather fix the problem if possible...