Help! Trouble Installing Mac OS X 10.4.8 After Reboot!

Davvo89

1 post in this topic

Morning Insanely Mac.

What I’m aiming to do is to dual boot Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2] with Windows Vista Ult on the below laptop. I have the Windows Vista part up and running.

Packard Bell EasyNote TN65

• ATI Mobility Radeon HD3430
  • Intel 2GHz Core 2 Duo T6400
  • HDD Capacity (GB) 250
  • Installed RAM (GB) 3
  • No. of USB Ports 4
  • Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium

The installation seems to run like a dream. I select the correct corresponding packages within the installation and it runs through. The problem I get is when it reboots. The Apple logo appears, and the icon below to indicate that it’s thinking about something appears below it. This runs for about 15-20 seconds, freezes, carry’s on for about a second then stops completely.

Looking about on Insanely MAC and other sites, It seems to point to a setting in the BIOS or, a setting with the graphics, but there’s no definitive answers. Packard Bells BIOS is pretty limited, and I I’m unsure how I would alter the graphical settings outside the Windows shell other than adjustments in the BIOS, of which there are none!

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Cheers