RME Multiface and PCI card on OSX 10.6.4

krebrev

1 post in this topic

Hi!

I hope someone can help me out with the last part of my OSX86 project. I've got everything running smoothly on my system (OSX 10.6.4, Asus p6t, i7 920, 6gb, Ati HD4670). I want to use this computer as a DAW and I need to get my soundcard working.

I've got a Multiface breakoutbox (version I) and a pci card in my computer. I think OSX doesn't recognize the pci card. I know there are drivers available from the rme-audio site (http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.php?page=content/downloads/en_downloads_driver&subpage=content/downloads/en_downloads_driver_hdspe)

I've been researching this problem and I think people have gotten this setup to work, but I can't find any details on installation methods.

Could someone please advise me on where to start looking for a solution. First thing I need to do is check if the pci is at all recognized by osx (during boot?). Maybe I need to install or modify additional kext's? Once the pci-card is recognised in MAC system information then I should be able to install/use the drivers, i think...

When I install the drivers the settings program won't start.

I hope this is enough information to help me out. If you need more, please let me know.

Kind regards,

I.