iatkos v7 vmware, installed, mouse not responding

dandiesel

1 post in this topic

Update 1: Have managed to navigate to the Welcome screen where it's asking me to choose my region/language.

The mouse won't respond to input. Before, with VMware, I've been able to use my mouse in the guest OS without configuring it.

I can't install VM tools without logging into the guest OS, but without a mouse function I can't do that.

Update 2: Since I have not had a single reply (which I anticipated), I'm going to try a few things when I get home from work. 1. Disabling & Re-enabling USB to see if anythings recognised. 2. Plugging in a USB mouse. 3. Boot in single user and safe modes to see what happens.

Update 3: Well, plugging in an IBM USB mouse did the trick

Hi all,

My specs:

Dell XPS M1530

Intel cpu

Nvidia gpu

320Gb hdd

4Gb RAM

Win 7 64-bit

Using VMware, I've installed 32-bit iAtkos v7/Leopard on my Win 7 machine , 30GB partition, customised and customised and customised until I could find a configuration that would actually give me the install success screen.

OS restarts, brings up chameleon bootscreen - allows me to select Mac OSX, 'Loading..' then brings up the gray apple screen.

scscr.png

Vmware exits with an error saying 'A virtual CPU has entered the shutdown state'. I have googled and googled and none of the solutions seem to work for me. I've tried different kernels and bootloaders.

Interestingly, iatkos would only allow me to boot to the install dvd by typing -v cpus=2 busratio=10

But now that it's installed, I don't have the option to enter these flags. I've tried turning on/off virtualization in my laptops bios. I've fiddled with the virtual machine settings to change the combination of processers/ram. I'm currently allocating 3Gb of hosts RAM to VM.

I hope I've provided enough information? Can anyone assist with this one? I know everyones computer/config is different but I've been able to boot to the dvd install disc using the -v cpus=2 busratio=10 flag before, so if I was able to enter that argument again I might be able to boot, but can't seem to be able to do it, as it always goes straight to 'Select OS' (chameleon screen)

Many thanks

Above problem solved by pressing tab on chameleon OS select screen and typing -v cpus=2 busratio=10 and letting it boot from there (for anyone else who gets stuck on this issue's benefit).