how about this hardware

boogey

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

i wanna switch from my macbook to an desktop 'Mac'...its gettin to hot for my lap meanwhile.

With this decision some questions came up, while researching. first the setup. there is a battle between certain components.

thinkin about:

mb : ASRock P55PRO (Intel) vs Gigabyte GA-870A (AMD)

cpu : Intel i5 760 vs Phenom II X6 1055T

gpu : HD5850 PCS+ vs GeForce GTX 470

ram : Kingston ValueRAM DIMM 4 GB DDR3

my favourite system would be the one with phenom x6 and gtx 470? (for playin games on win7 ;)

would it work well?

which set up would be the better one to run at least 10.6 ?

well, now some other questions...

whats the difference between all this hackintosh version?

can i install sl with my retail dvd on the intel setup?

and is amd fully working, like intel (sleep, reboot, performance) ?

thanks for your comments pals and excuse my english. not native speaking.

Hi guys,

i wanna switch from my macbook to an desktop 'Mac'...its gettin to hot for my lap meanwhile.

With this decision some questions came up, while researching. first the setup. there is a battle between certain components.

thinkin about:

mb : ASRock P55PRO (Intel) vs Gigabyte GA-870A (AMD)

cpu : Intel i5 760 vs Phenom II X6 1055T

gpu : HD5850 PCS+ vs GeForce GTX 470

my favourite system would be the one with phenom x6 and gtx 470? (for playin games on win7 ;)

would it work well?

which set up would be the better one to run at least 10.6 ?

well, now some other questions...

whats the difference between all this hackintosh version?

can i install sl with my retail dvd on the intel setup?

and is amd fully working, like intel (sleep, reboot, performance) ?

thanks for your comments pals and excuse my english. not native speaking.

Just looking over the build and my own experience. While it is not impossible to make others work, intel seems to work better than AMD, and Nvidia cards work better than ATi. It also seems to me that the ATi / AMD combination should work better for gaming since AMD builds both.

The major things you want to check on are NIC compatibility and video card support both can be answered by searching on this forum.

There are many installation guides on this forum, the installation involves a bootloader but isn't too complicated.

I am not an expert I am just throwing in my .02.

no other help? common guys.

Sure I have some more help for you. First capitalization, generally speaking you capitalize the first letter of every sentence. This visually alerts the reader that he/she has started a new thought and makes things much easier to read. Second, learn to spell "common guys" should be "come on guys", "i wanna switch" should be "I want to switch" ect. Third, you should only use "an" instead of a when the next word begins with a vowel. For example in "macbook to an desktop 'Mac'." the "an" should be "a".

Finally not using english as a primary language is no excuse for snubbing the help you are given. Look around this forum 75% of the threads are "will this hardware work?" What makes you so different and deserving of in-depth help? It seems like you have both computers built just install OSX on the one you prefer and see if it works, if it doesn't try the other one, it doesn't seem that hard.

If you are buying a new components I suggest the following:

mb : GA-P55-USB3 LGA http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221665

cpu : Intel i5 760

gpu : GeForce GTX 470 > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214219

Sure I have some more help for you. First capitalization, generally speaking you capitalize the first letter of every sentence. This visually alerts the reader that he/she has started a new thought and makes things much easier to read. Second, learn to spell "common guys" should be "come on guys", "i wanna switch" should be "I want to switch" ect. Third, you should only use "an" instead of a when the next word begins with a vowel. For example in "macbook to an desktop 'Mac'." the "an" should be "a".

Finally not using english as a primary language is no excuse for snubbing the help you are given. Look around this forum 75% of the threads are "will this hardware work?" What makes you so different and deserving of in-depth help? It seems like you have both computers built just install OSX on the one you prefer and see if it works, if it doesn't try the other one, it doesn't seem that hard.

first i wanna say: {censored} you!

second : {censored} you twice!

third : Punk {censored}!