Geforce G210M

6.7Cummins

14 posts in this topic

Okay I have a Asus UL50VT and I have snow leopard installed. Everything works just fine. The only problem I have is

it is stuck in 1024x768. I tried the nvinject 0.22 and nvenabler combo. Which someone else had success with. This caused a panic at boot up. I deleted the nvenabler which then gave me a 1366 resolution. Which was great. But I played a video and it locked up the computer after about 10 seconds. And I still had no QE/CI support. So if anyone has had any luck with this card in SL, please let me know what you did! Thanks in advance.

Okay I have a Asus UL50VT and I have snow leopard installed. Everything works just fine. The only problem I have is

it is stuck in 1024x768. I tried the nvinject 0.22 and nvenabler combo. Which someone else had success with. This caused a panic at boot up. I deleted the nvenabler which then gave me a 1366 resolution. Which was great. But I played a video and it locked up the computer after about 10 seconds. And I still had no QE/CI support. So if anyone has had any luck with this card in SL, please let me know what you did! Thanks in advance.

In wiki someone write NviInject 0.22 + GraphicsEnabler http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.6.4/Portables

My Nvidia G210M work perfect with graphics enabler on bootloader, just add this two lines in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And you should get full qe/ci in snow leopard.

Rodomar705

My Nvidia G210M work perfect with graphics enabler on bootloader, just add this two lines in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And you should get full qe/ci in snow leopard.

Rodomar705

Okay that appeared to work. But froze my computer as soon as I got on the internet. Shoud I just have the nvenabler installed or nvinject too?

Okay that appeared to work. But froze my computer as soon as I got on the internet. Shoud I just have the nvenabler installed or nvinject too?

Neither, GraphicsEnabler is built into the boot loader. Uninstall both kext's.

Neither, GraphicsEnabler is built into the boot loader. Uninstall both kext's.
Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a74

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.2

Displays:

LP156WH3-TLA2:

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

This is what I have now. Where is the QE? If I uninstall both I get a panic.

Remove every kexts you've installed for the grapics card, for me it's working perfectly.

EDIT: Install this updated driver if you don't even update the graphics driver (that is for 10.6.4):Click

Remove every kexts you've installed for the grapics card, for me it's working perfectly.

EDIT: Install this updated driver if you don't even update the graphics driver (that is for 10.6.4):Click

Okay. I had nvdan50hal.kext in there, geforce.kext(which I left alone), geforce 7&8, and the nvinject. I deleted all of them. I checked my about this mac under graphics and have the same screen as above. Except. Now I only have 1024 not 1366. And the link you gave me for the nvidia driver said it was not compatible with my OSX. Any ideas whats wrong?

• 1 month later...
Okay. I had nvdan50hal.kext in there, geforce.kext(which I left alone), geforce 7&8, and the nvinject. I deleted all of them. I checked my about this mac under graphics and have the same screen as above. Except. Now I only have 1024 not 1366. And the link you gave me for the nvidia driver said it was not compatible with my OSX. Any ideas whats wrong?

trying to revive this posting and hopefully create a step-by-step for this laptop to help others in the future.

OK, i have the same laptop, here is where i stand.

Initially loaded 10.6.2, then updated to 10.6.4.

No sound

(not working) RealTek 0269

Tried voodoo, but no luck.

Networking:

(not working) Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN WIRELESS LAN

(Working) Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (WIRED)

Video:

stuck in 1024x768

Tried graphics enabler, no luck.

its a pretty good laptop for the money, and would make a fantastic hackintosh with its partial-aluminium case, killer battery life and such.

If i load nvinject the system shows the G210 as having a kext loaded, but the video is still attached to the Intel board.

you should have deleted geforce.kext nad nvinject and left nvdan50hal as thats the Hardware Access Layer you need for QE/CI. hope you backed it up.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...