ASUS K50ID DSDT Fixed!

Kronno Fatal1ty

41 posts in this topic

hi friend... ive got installed the anval boot loader that comes with iAtkos S3 v2 and how do i install the chameleon without having a kernel panic? because i need to remove first the anval bootloader and ive tried and had a kernel panic.. need to format again the machine.. boring.. because my laptop is getting very warm when playing or rendering video... many people said to try the chameleon but i dont know how.... help me.. =/

hi friend... ive got installed the anval boot loader that comes with iAtkos S3 v2 and how do i install the chameleon without having a kernel panic? because i need to remove first the anval bootloader and ive tried and had a kernel panic.. need to format again the machine.. boring.. because my laptop is getting very warm when playing or rendering video... many people said to try the chameleon but i dont know how.... help me.. =/

Sorry for the late response, I posted a screenshot of the options you need to select in the Iatkos distro, after installation, you won't need to delete the boot-loader, just install the one I posted in this post and it will automatically update the boot-loader. Also to get speed-stepping and p-states for your cpu, use the voodoopstate.kext and the PStateChanger.app make sure and install the voodoopstate with kext utility and add the PStateChanger.app to your login items that should fix any heat issues you're having.

VoodooPState.kext.zip

PStateChanger.app.zip

post-169556-1294090693_thumb.png

Kext_Utility.app.zip

Chameleon_2_RC5.zip

yes the camera is fixed by a driver that i will send you later... and yes ive used the DSDT... the DSDT is instaled by the DSDT SE. You can download ir from the net.. (google it xD) then when you install it, open the dsdt.aml file and push the button compile and the program will ask you to save it (save it anywhere). Then push Install and a new window should appear. now select there partition where you want to install the DSDT and you have two little boxes with /Extra and the other one i cant remember... but click on them.. and press install

Put you admin key and your done =)

Hi, Cesar :o

Thank you for all of your good advice! Anyway...

I did all that, bud didn't see any improvements. What is DSDT supposed to do? :S

Tried the trackpad kext, but no luck. Still not working.

I have another question; when you go to "about this mac" the memory is displayed correctly, but the speed and type is 800MHz, DDR2 instead of 1033MHz DDR3. BIOS is so lame, there's no tweaking available, and I have a feeling that this laptop can be much faster than it is. Do you know maybe how to fix this?

Thanks, regards, happy New Year, bye :)

Milan

Hi KS.. im now going to text your kexts... ive got now the chameleon rc5... i hope it works

Did you had any luck with NV HDMI?

So far some progress with the NV HDMI, but it'll be a little while, as for anybody trying to display ram and cpu correctly in about this mac and system profiler try using the smbios.plist override in the Chameleon prefpanel. I'll post my smbios.plist for example.

Update 1/5/2011: I have functioning HDMI audio through the video card, but no volume control!!! Ahhhh!!! :D so right now I'm still in the early stages of getting that fully-functional but I wanted to say that at least I'm making progress and it seams promising. *yawn*

Update: Ok for now I'm working on patching AppleHDA to work with the K50ID ALC269 codec, after that I'll just edit VoodooHDA for HDMI since I already have it working, this might take a while but I'll post when I'm done.

smbios.plist.zip

Hi friend.. Keep a good work.. The work you've making it has been perfect.. =)

I still have a problem... it's about the laptop fan.. its not working... im using chameleon rc5 r700.

im still featuring overheat problems. could someone help me? its really boring when your rendering video and the computer slows down because of the heat.

Best regards

César Leitão

i have the shutdown problem still.

Shutdown works only if i disable "Graphics enabler". But problem isn't in our GT320M, because then Cesarleitao must have the same problem too.. but he hasn't. And also shutdown works in acer 5741g (with the same video).

Sleep doesn't work since v10.6.

Reset works only with OpenHaltRestart.kext .

My bios is 215rev.

Hi ppl

My fan now works... i've noticed that the fan doesn't speed up with the cpu tasks... it speed's up when the temperature reaches the 65ºC when executing the PStateChanger and with Chameleon RC5 r700... Now the two things that aren't fixed is the camera that is upside down and the shutdown... if someone figure it out how to fix it, the Asus K50ID is a fully funcional Hackbook =)

Ok......after hours an hours, I've got ALC + HDMI audio now working!!! I'll upload the solution soon, now just to get shutdown and also an install guide for the K50ID.

Update: Alessandro17, I apologize for not reading that, and thanks for the discretion. On another note I should have not been so hasty as I do have alc + hdmi but am running into issues, so right now I have no working mics, but internal speakers + hdmi, I'm collaborating with another user to resolve this issue so I'll make sure and upload once I have microphones. As for the shutdown issue it may be related to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (monty69 brought that up) only problem is I can't get the kext to load, yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The shutdown is not working yet... because in DSDT we need to modify some lines to make it shutdown instead sleeping.. we hope that KS does it for us.. may god be with you KS =)

i'm featuring problems in HDMI audio.. i cannot play sound via HDMI yet.. could you help me KS to send me the files for it?

Keep a good work

Best regards

César Leitão