ASUS K50ID DSDT Fixed!

Kronno Fatal1ty

41 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
in my laptop is all working except ALC269.. ive bought an headphones with soundcard incoporated and its working like charm... mine is a K50ID

friend,How to get your GT320M worK??use DSDT Fix? or KEXT??

Which kernel do you use?

Asus K40ID

CPU: Intel Core2Duo T6670 2,2GHz

RAM: 2GB DDR3 1066MHz

VGA: Nvidia GT320M CUDA 1GB

HDD: 320GB Hitachi

WLAN: Atheros AR9285 (100% working)

LAN: Realtek 8169 (100% working)

Sound: ALC269 (90% working)

friend,How to get your GT320M worK??use DSDT Fix? or KEXT??

Which kernel do you use?

Asus K40ID

CPU: Intel Core2Duo T6670 2,2GHz

RAM: 2GB DDR3 1066MHz

VGA: Nvidia GT320M CUDA 1GB

HDD: 320GB Hitachi

WLAN: Atheros AR9285 (100% working)

LAN: Realtek 8169 (100% working)

Sound: ALC269 (90% working)

just used a enabler in iAtkos S3 V2 in boot options... Working like charm with 1GB available and all resolutions possible... now lets get to the point..

HOW THE HELL EVERYBODY HAS GOT ALC269 AND I CANT GET IT WORKING!!!

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

thank you =)

• 5 weeks later...
just used a enabler in iAtkos S3 V2 in boot options... Working like charm with 1GB available and all resolutions possible... now lets get to the point..

HOW THE HELL EVERYBODY HAS GOT ALC269 AND I CANT GET IT WORKING!!!

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

thank you =)

I've got working ALC 269 on my K50ID-X1, I'll post my customized kext later, can't right now, bricked laptop with sleepenabler....HDMI Audio still not working though, I can't seem to get VoodooHDA to recognize the ALC269 and the GT 320M it's either one or the other, both cause kp for some reason. Also you have to manually switch the output to what you want (i.e. headphones or speakers, they both work but I haven't figured out how to get them to auto-detect, also I should mention Mic input is sketchy so I disabled it until I can fix that issue, It keeps using the speakers as an input and not the mic input.)

Update: Ok here's the ALC269 kext for K50ID:

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

I've got working ALC 269 on my K50ID-X1, I'll post my customized kext later, can't right now, bricked laptop with sleepenabler....HDMI Audio still not working though, I can't seem to get VoodooHDA to recognize the ALC269 and the GT 320M it's either one or the other, both cause kp for some reason. Also you have to manually switch the output to what you want (i.e. headphones or speakers, they both work but I haven't figured out how to get them to auto-detect, also I should mention Mic input is sketchy so I disabled it until I can fix that issue, It keeps using the speakers as an input and not the mic input.)

Update: Ok here's the ALC269 kext for K50ID:

works great thanks men.. you dont know how great i am to you

works great.. now i have all functions even GT320M

thanks men

dsdt.cesarleitao.zip

if you do not apply the patches does not help

will be equal to the original bios

DTGP

IRQs

PNLF

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

FIX WARNINGS

I applied the basic

Would you happen to know why the system won't completely shutdown when only the Graphics Card drivers are loaded? When the GPU isn't loaded shutdown works fine. I don't think a DSDT patch can fix as I've tried without any headway.

Note: I'm using the latest version of Chameleon with Graphics Enabler, should I try a different bootloader?

Would you happen to know why the system won't completely shutdown when only the Graphics Card drivers are loaded? When the GPU isn't loaded shutdown works fine. I don't think a DSDT patch can fix as I've tried without any headway.

Note: I'm using the latest version of Chameleon with Graphics Enabler, should I try a different bootloader?

try it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1448614

:)

Hi all

I got Asus K50ID as well, and got everything working, but the sound and the trackpad.

Now, I hope to get the sound working, but still, I need some info on how did you (if you did) get the trackpad to work?

I know it can be done, since it works during setup process.

Also, the image in cam is upside down. Can it be fixed?

If that gets resolved, I'd have a perfect hack-book :wacko::)

Thank you in advance.

McMillan

Hi all

I got Asus K50ID as well, and got everything working, but the sound and the trackpad.

Now, I hope to get the sound working, but still, I need some info on how did you (if you did) get the trackpad to work?

I know it can be done, since it works during setup process.

Also, the image in cam is upside down. Can it be fixed?

If that gets resolved, I'd have a perfect hack-book :wacko::P

Thank you in advance.

McMillan

Hi friend, in my laptop all is running on wheels.. the trackpad is working great with ApplePS2 driver. in my trackpad when i put two fingers on it, the pages scroll down and up without breaks.. the two touches executes the programs.. The sound is working great with the driver posted by KS but you need to change to 16bits to prevent sound scratches when listening the bass in the speakers..

Best regards

César Leitão

Hi friend, in my laptop all is running on wheels.. the trackpad is working great with ApplePS2 driver. in my trackpad when i put two fingers on it, the pages scroll down and up without breaks.. the two touches executes the programs.. The sound is working great with the driver posted by KS but you need to change to 16bits to prevent sound scratches when listening the bass in the speakers..

Best regards

César Leitão

Hi Cesar,

I selected ApplePS2 during the install, however, no trackpad activity. :)

I will try to install it again via kextutility, but I'm rather skeptic.

Thank you for your quick reply. Cheers :)

One more thing, what distro did you use? I used iAtkos S3 v2

If you can remember, maybe you can post what selections did you choose, other than the default ones...

Thanks again.

Hi Cesar,

I selected ApplePS2 during the install, however, no trackpad activity. :)

I will try to install it again via kextutility, but I'm rather skeptic.

Thank you for your quick reply. Cheers :)

One more thing, what distro did you use? I used iAtkos S3 v2

If you can remember, maybe you can post what selections did you choose, other than the default ones...

Thanks again.

Hi my good friend.. i used the same distro that you used iAtkos S3 v2...

my trackpad is working great i will send you the kext for the trackpad.. install it via kext utility and restart the computer...

The thing is... Sometimes my trackpad doesnt work and when i restart the computer it works... i dont know why.. but i will send you the driver anyway... ive got now 10.6.5 with trackpad options in system preferences..

Best regards

Cesar Leitao

Synaptics_ApplePS2.zip

I my good friend.. i used the same distro that you used iAtkos S3 v2...

my trackpad is working great i will send you the kext for the trackpad.. install it via kext utility and restart the computer...

The thing is... Sometimes my trackpad doesnt work and when i restart the computer it works... i dont know why.. but i will send you the driver anyway... ive got now 10.6.5 with trackpad options in system preferences..

Best regards

Cesar Leitao

Thank you so much, I'm trying the kext right now.

One more thing I have to ask you, have you tried the camera? When it starts, the image is upside down ;)

Is it the same with your laptop?

I don't really care, I don't use the camera, but it would be nice to get it working the right way.

And, what about the DSDT from this post? Have you applied it? (used it)? If yes, how is that done?

Thanx again!

All the best,

Milan

Thank you so much, I'm trying the kext right now.

One more thing I have to ask you, have you tried the camera? When it starts, the image is upside down ;)

Is it the same with your laptop?

I don't really care, I don't use the camera, but it would be nice to get it working the right way.

And, what about the DSDT from this post? Have you applied it? (used it)? If yes, how is that done?

Thanx again!

All the best,

Milan

yes the camera is fixed by a driver that i will send you later... and yes ive used the DSDT... the DSDT is instaled by the DSDT SE. You can download ir from the net.. (google it xD) then when you install it, open the dsdt.aml file and push the button compile and the program will ask you to save it (save it anywhere). Then push Install and a new window should appear. now select there partition where you want to install the DSDT and you have two little boxes with /Extra and the other one i cant remember... but click on them.. and press install

Put you admin key and your done =)

Ok, so I've been working on some fixes for the audio driver I posted earlier, so here's the new replacement kext for K50ID ALC269 audio. It works with 64-bit Snow Leopard, I haven't tested 32-bit.

All crunching, stuttering, scratching, etc. has been fixed so you can now use full 24-bit audio without any issues (I'm pretty sure).

Microphone input jack now works so you can use a mic if you wish and I increased the input volume range, meaning there is a higher max, the level can be manipulated via Apple's Sound Menu in System Preferences. Also any mic input issues where the input would switch to the internal speakers has been fixed. I personally recommend muting the mic input if it's not in use but I guess it shouldn't really matter if you decide to or not.

Last of all auto-detect is fully functional now meaning if you plug in headphones the system will automatically switch the output to the headphones and vice-versa just like in Windows, basically this is a 100% fully functional ALC269 kext for the ASUS K50ID laptop, it may work with other K50 models, I don't know. So enjoy some 24-bit audio with this non glitchy driver :)

Make sure and remove any other forms of third-party audio-injection when using this. (don't delete any retail apple audio kexts that come with the OS!) I would discourage using the VoodooHDA prefpane with this kext, it may conflict with some of the patching I worked on however if you really want a prefpane I uploaded one that works with the kext I posted, just don't complain if some of the choices you choose cause issues with your sound.

I haven't been able to figure out how to enable HDMI audio for the GT 320M yet, so I'll make sure and post on that once I figure out a fix, for now I'll address the shutdown bug and post a fix for it at a later time.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

VoodooHDA.prefPane.zip

Ok, so I've been working on some fixes for the audio driver I posted earlier, so here's the new replacement kext for K50ID ALC269 audio. It works with 64-bit, I haven't tested 32-bit.

All crunching, stuttering, scratching, etc. has been fixed so you can now use full 24-bit audio without any issues (I'm pretty sure).

Microphone input jack now works so you can use a mic if you wish and I increased the input volume range, meaning there is a higher max, the level can be manipulated via Apple's Sound Menu in System Preferences. Also any mic input issues where the input would switch to the internal speakers has been fixed. I personally recommend muting the mic input if it's not in use but I guess it shouldn't really matter if you decide to or not.

Last of all auto-detect is fully functional now meaning if you plug in headphones the system will automatically switch the output to the headphones and vice-versa just like in Windows, basically this is a 100% fully functional ALC269 kext for the ASUS K50ID laptop, it may work with other K50 models, I don't know. So enjoy some 24-bit audio with this non glitchy driver :)

Make sure and remove any other forms of third-party audio-injection when using this. (don't delete any retail apple audio kexts that come with the OS!) I would discourage using the VoodooHDA prefpane with this kext, it may conflict with some of the patching I worked on however if you really want a prefpane I uploaded one that works with the kext I posted, just don't complain if some of the choices you choose cause issues with your sound.

I haven't been able to figure out how to enable HDMI audio for the GT 320M yet, so I'll make sure and post on that once I figure out a fix, for now I'll address the shutdown bug and post a fix for it at a later time.

Works great but the sound of the headphones is very low with the volume in max. what can i do? :P

Thanks =)

Works great but the sound of the headphones is very low with the volume in max. what can i do? :P

Thanks =)

I'm sorry about that, try this one I increased the volume levels to absolute max, have you tried different headphones, I've tested two so far and they both work fine with the kext I posted before, but try this one and tell me if you're still having low volume.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

I'm sorry about that, try this one I increased the volume levels to absolute max, have you tried different headphones, I've tested two so far and they both work fine with the kext I posted before, but try this one and tell me if you're still having low volume.

Great! It's fixed the low volume problem =)

now another question.. why in system profiler it shows no audio input available and sound is available? is it normal?

Great! It's fixed the low volume problem =)

now another question.. why in system profiler it shows no audio input available and sound is available? is it normal?

It has to do with what system profiler is compatible with detecting, mainly Intel HD audio and such, System Profiler is more of a cosmetic thing than anything really, basically it doesn't affect the rest of the system at all, for a hackbook running a modified voodoohda kext, yea it's normal :unsure: I believe the specific file responsible for displaying built-in audio is "SPAudioReporter.spreporter" located in "/System/Library/SystemProfiler". If I'm correct VoodooHDA has to "feed" the proper data to the SPAudioReporter.spreporter, either way I would rather not patch that issue since it's merely cosmetic, and for now I'm working on getting my shutdown and NV HDMI audio working.

i thaught that would affect the performance of the system... but i was wrong... did you used any specific enabler, injector for your GT320M? during the installation of my OS ive choose an enabler in boot options of the iAtkos S3 v2 distro... what did you used? =)

I used Chameleon boot-loader from this source, and then enabled its graphics enabler.

http://www.kexts.com/view/753-chameleon_v2.0-rc5_r687.html