my iaktos v7 install stopped booting

metalfiiish

14 posts in this topic

Hello and thank you for reading and any help you can give. I'm not sure what happened exactly but up until this week my leopard install was working fine off an iaktos v7 cd I got.My specs are NF980-G65 mobo, amd phenom II x4 3.4 processor, two GTS250 gpu's with 1 GB each, a sounblaster X-fi card, and 4 GB of ram (if anyone has this mobo/cpu combo i'd be glad to tell you what worked for me as I could not find anyone who had yet done so with it). It's a quad boot with windows 7 64, win xp 32, and linux ubuntu 64.Now this install was working for over a month or two and for some reason when I went to go log into my mac partition with verbos it gave me this error right after the ACPI timeout line (ACPI_SMC_PLATFORM Plugin:: Start WaitForService). The error was AppleAHCIDiskQueueManager::SetPowerState(0x76d8600, 2 -> 1) timed out after (some number of ms that varies a lil each time obviously).After getting this several times I decided to try a re-install. So I deleted my old partition and tried a reinstall twice and both times gave the same result, to me it sounds like a hardware issue but my other Os's are working fine.Any ideas?

Hello and thank you for reading and any help you can give. I'm not sure what happened exactly but up until this week my leopard install was working fine off an iaktos v7 cd I got.My specs are NF980-G65 mobo, amd phenom II x4 3.4 processor, two GTS250 gpu's with 1 GB each, a sounblaster X-fi card, and 4 GB of ram (if anyone has this mobo/cpu combo i'd be glad to tell you what worked for me as I could not find anyone who had yet done so with it). It's a quad boot with windows 7 64, win xp 32, and linux ubuntu 64.Now this install was working for over a month or two and for some reason when I went to go log into my mac partition with verbos it gave me this error right after the ACPI timeout line (ACPI_SMC_PLATFORM Plugin:: Start WaitForService). The error was AppleAHCIDiskQueueManager::SetPowerState(0x76d8600, 2 -> 1) timed out after (some number of ms that varies a lil each time obviously).After getting this several times I decided to try a re-install. So I deleted my old partition and tried a reinstall twice and both times gave the same result, to me it sounds like a hardware issue but my other Os's are working fine.Any ideas?

Did you install the same SATA/PATA kext that the iATKOSv7 DVD loads at bootup.........?

if it helps I had to use AHCI mode on my HDD because I kept getting the still waiting for root device with my SATA

AFAIK the "AppleAHCIDiskQueueManager::SetPowerState(0x76d8600, 2 -> 1) timed out" error message indicates that the system is attempting to start i.e. spin-up and then access the HDD, but the HDD is not responding.......so check HDD cable connections to HDD and to MOBO..........if they are OK, then possible or impending HDD failure?

really sorry ti took em soo lnog to get back to this post I honestly couldn't find it onlyjustfound the search feature.I can go ahead and check the HDD but again my other Os's are able to work and when I re-install it is able to finish installing.When I get home I will check the cabling anyway.Any other advice?

really sorry ti took em soo lnog to get back to this post I honestly couldn't find it onlyjustfound the search feature.I can go ahead and check the HDD but again my other Os's are able to work and when I re-install it is able to finish installing.When I get home I will check the cabling anyway.Any other advice?

No problem......... :(

is it possible that it is lacking drivers? I have read before that after the ACPI time out it loads the drivers and if you have the wrong or bad ones it will not continue, my only idea is since i only gave it efi strings and not anything else like I did before and now its hanging? I will try tommorrow when I get a chance and report back.

is it possible that it is lacking drivers? I have read before that after the ACPI time out it loads the drivers and if you have the wrong or bad ones it will not continue, my only idea is since i only gave it efi strings and not anything else like I did before and now its hanging? I will try tommorrow when I get a chance and report back.

What happens when you boot with "-v platform=ACPI|86PC".......?

I'll try it when I get out of school, been kinda busy finishing up my CCNP and MCITP classes. Should have time after this class since my son is at his moms for the weekend.Thanks for sticking around and continuing to throw idea's out.

No problem........... :)

alright well i'm not exactly sure but I kept trying to change my install options and finally got it working a couple times. Now I have compeltely documented everything I guese i left out some important boot stuff or rather added in what was not supposed to be there. Either way I have it back up and running in my quad boot, though I had to use the NV somethign removal tool for my GPU to work and i guese that means I have to configure the proper kext gonna look around for it, if you got any idea's i'd be glad to follow your direction. I have an xfx GTS 250 1GB GPU.

alright well i'm not exactly sure but I kept trying to change my install options and finally got it working a couple times. Now I have compeltely documented everything I guese i left out some important boot stuff or rather added in what was not supposed to be there. Either way I have it back up and running in my quad boot, though I had to use the NV somethign removal tool for my GPU to work and i guese that means I have to configure the proper kext gonna look around for it, if you got any idea's i'd be glad to follow your direction. I have an xfx GTS 250 1GB GPU.

Have you tried installing these drivers in the order: NVIDIA_Retail_Mac_Driver_Installer_18.5.2f16 and then Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards..........also see here........

Or, EFIStudio v1.1 GTX........

Or, using Chameleon 2.0 GraphicsEnabler in com.apple.Boot.plist file in /Extra/.........

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

If that alone does not work, then try:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

ok well first off how would I install those? i'm a windows/linux man never used mac, plus I've heard I need kext helper or something. also the previous optin I chose while installing to remove NV that just removed something right? It's not an actual kext that I ahve to remove like Nvinject?