L2 Cache (per processor): 8 MB

Memory: 20 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP21.007F.B06

SMC Version (system): 1.15f3

Serial Number (system): 1571800KUPZ

Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E3F8CEF2

2 PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D

2 NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB (Can drive 4 30" Apple Cinema Displays)

Bluetooth

Firewire 400/800

4 500GB HDs (2TB total)

Snow Leopard 10.6.4

2 external eSATA ports

23" and 30" Apple Cinema Display

I have tried to use a Nvidia GT 120 (didn't work) I have tried to burn a XFX 3870 (didn't work)

I know some have had success with using a PC based card, I could not get it to work.

I'm almost ready to buy the FX, but but the price is just crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

It really bothers me that I have almost $10k in a 4 year old machine and I can't find a video card that actually works with no major modifications. Why does apple not offer an upgrade for older (4 years old) machine that is considered their top of the line machine.

I was going to sell the Mac Pro and get a new iMac i7 machine, but quickly found out that I could only get about $800 for my $10k machine. This really makes me wish I would have never bought the Mac Pro in the first place. It seems as though the Mac Pro is something only companies buy and not a consumer machine. I have had just about every mac product and have been able to sell them at a reasonable price when I was ready to upgrade. Now I'm stuck with a really expensive machine that I can't get enough out of it to buy the lowest end mac for an even trade.

Sorry for the rant, but I will never buy a top of the line mac product and may just by used from now on.

• 1 month later...