Hi all - total n00b about to dive in

redtildead

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have just inherited a Dell Dimension 5150 from a friend who didn't want it any more, so I thought a hackintosh sounds like a great use of it.

I'm stuck at the starting gate though! I've looked all over the motherboard and can't see any markings as to it's model apart from a 'Dell e1' - is that correct?? The intel chip is an intel nh82801gr.

I have read that a couple of people have turned these machines into Hackintoshs, so I'm hoping it will be OK, but I don't know what method they used and they are no longer active.

wish me luck .... !!

Hi all

I have just inherited a Dell Dimension 5150 from a friend who didn't want it any more, so I thought a hackintosh sounds like a great use of it.

I'm stuck at the starting gate though! I've looked all over the motherboard and can't see any markings as to it's model apart from a 'Dell e1' - is that correct?? The intel chip is an intel nh82801gr.

I have read that a couple of people have turned these machines into Hackintoshs, so I'm hoping it will be OK, but I don't know what method they used and they are no longer active.

wish me luck .... !!

Im no expert but try a program called everest home addition

it scans all your hardware and tells you whats in your pc :unsure: