snowosx universal

brown2k1

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

I wanted to install Snow Leopard on a fujitsu amilo pi 1505, with a T5600 and an ICH-7M, and intel 945GM.

I tried the method with empire efi and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the retail DVD (from my macbook pro), both with the same results, a kernel panic and the message:

Firewire (OHCI): start - unable to get device memory

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies)

com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI(4.5.7)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)

Then i tried snowosX universal DVD. Here i can get a little bit further, its boots until the blue screen (the one just before asking the language or prompting any message), and it stays there for ever. One thing I noticed, is once arrived here if I hit enter (or space, and combine with tabs) is reads from DVD and it acts like it were working but nothing is showed on the screen, just that blue screen.

Any idea?

Thanks!!!

Brown

Hi!

I wanted to install Snow Leopard on a fujitsu amilo pi 1505, with a T5600 and an ICH-7M, and intel 945GM.

I tried the method with empire efi and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the retail DVD (from my macbook pro), both with the same results, a kernel panic and the message:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies)

com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI(4.5.7)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)

Then i tried snowosX universal DVD. Here i can get a little bit further, its boots until the blue screen (the one just before asking the language or prompting any message), and it stays there for ever. One thing I noticed, is once arrived here if I hit enter (or space, and combine with tabs) is reads from DVD and it acts like it were working but nothing is showed on the screen, just that blue screen.

Any idea?

Thanks!!!

Brown

disable firewire from bios

and i perfere to you to use iatkos s3 v2

disable firewire from bios

and i perfere to you to use iatkos s3 v2

I cannot disable firewire from bios.. this laptop's bios has very little options to change. Most ot them related to boot prioroty.

On iatkos s3 v2, i saw that there some install options do you recomend any in special?

tell me about your compent

audio and lan wifi vga

audio: i don't know exactly.

lan: rtl 8139/810x fast ethernet

EDIT: firewire is O2Micro

I tried Iatkos s3 v2, with the same results:

Then i got a kernel panic :borg:

audio: i don't know exactly.

lan: rtl 8139/810x fast ethernet

EDIT: firewire is O2Micro

I tried Iatkos s3 v2, with the same results:

Then i got a kernel panic :unsure:

in your situation you need to install snow leopard retail from anther mac to your lap HDD then delete firewire kexts

to pass it :wacko:

in your situation you need to install snow leopard retail from anther mac to your lap HDD then delete firewire kexts

to pass it ;)

I'm starting to think that would be the only good option. But i don't have a computer where i can install osx, maybe a vmware?

I was able to run (and complete) the instalation process, booting iatkos with mach_pcj kernel (the exact line was: mach_pcj -v).

Now i can boot, the welcome song plays, but nothing is showed on the screen.. so maybe its something about the vga driver?

I will keep researching.. any tip will be welcome :)

thanks for all!

I'm starting to think that would be the only good option. But i don't have a computer where i can install osx, maybe a vmware?

I was able to run (and complete) the instalation process, booting iatkos with mach_pcj kernel (the exact line was: mach_pcj -v).

Now i can boot, the welcome song plays, but nothing is showed on the screen.. so maybe its something about the vga driver?

I will keep researching.. any tip will be welcome :wacko:

thanks for all!

Anyone knows why when i finished the installation, and i reboot the welcome song plays, but nothing is shown on the screen?

thanks!