HP dv6 - Kernal Panic

LFMP

3 posts in this topic

Okay, sorry if this topic has been posted before but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem and I'm new at this, I have tried iPC, iAtkos S3, and iDeneb. The only one that didn't even want to start the installation was iPC. The rest give me the same error. I attached a picture of what I usually get.

I have a

-HP Pavillion Entertainment PC model dv6-1360us Notebook

-2.13 GHz Intel Core2 Duo Processor P7450

-ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (M96)

-500GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive

-4GB of RAM

I don't know if thats all the information needed, but please help me out. :(

And Thanks!

post-655898-1282199989_thumb.jpg

**Okay I now get an error for iPC when I use the -v option to install. A put a picture below, thanks again for any help!

post-655898-1284098763_thumb.jpg

Try these 2 things and come back. The first thing I'm gonna have you do is burn this boot disk to a dvd/cd

There's 2 screen's you'll see, one will prompt you for an option to go into a particular mode like -v

hit escape

then another screen will popup asking for some default numbers. Swap the boot disk for the distribution.

download and burn the boot disk Kabyl-Bumby

and then try the release iATKOS v7

try that and come back. This release worked on 2 of my laptops HP NX 9600 (old P4) and this gateway T 1620

Try these 2 things and come back. The first thing I'm gonna have you do is burn this boot disk to a dvd/cd

There's 2 screen's you'll see, one will prompt you for an option to go into a particular mode like -v

hit escape

then another screen will popup asking for some default numbers. Swap the boot disk for the distribution.

try that and come back. This release worked on 2 of my laptops HP NX 9600 (old P4) and this gateway T 1620

Ok, I'm burning both disks right now and will come back when I get everything going. Thanks for the reply! :)

hit escape

okay so this is what I did, burned the bood disk Kabyl-Bumpy onto one dvd and the iATKOS v7 onto another. I put in the Kabyl one first which then asked for the -v and i hit escape. swapped the dvd and then pressed enter. it booted onto the iATKOS v7 and showed the gray apple on the background this time but with the same error message from the earlier picture, except cut down to the kernel panic. Did I miss a step or do something wrong?

-Sorry if this is typical questions or asking to many questions, thanks for the help though!