• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

carrera594

carrera594

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I recently got an HP Pavilion dm4-1063cl laptop. For those you do not know it has:
Processor Name Intel Core i5-430M Processor Speed 2.27 GHz RAM 4 GBGraphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon 5450 Storage Capacity 500 GB Networking Options 802.11n

But I cannot get the disc to boot. It will begin to load the disc then just restart the system.
I will upload a video when I can.

Hangs on "Loading HFS+ File: [/System/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 4230a80"

EDIT: (Video)

cmdrk

cmdrk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I recently got an HP Pavilion dm4-1063cl laptop. For those you do not know it has:
Processor Name Intel Core i5-430M Processor Speed 2.27 GHz RAM 4 GBGraphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon 5450 Storage Capacity 500 GB Networking Options 802.11n

I have been trying to install SnowLeoDVD.iso from a popular site :) .

But I cannot get the disc to boot. It will begin to load the disc then just restart the system.
I will upload a video when I can.

Hangs on "Loading HFS+ File: [/System/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 4230a80"

EDIT: (Video)

I watched your video. You need to pass a "busratio" parameter to the boot loader. So instead of "-v", it looks like you need to add "-v busratio=17".

Busratio is determined from your processor, so I just googled "busratio i5-430" to get 17.

Hope that helps!

PS, I think it's unwise to discuss where you obtained a copy of SL from. Be warned! 

carrera594

carrera594

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you very much, I was able to get it past the screen. Now it's stuck on:
"Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Verison 9.5.0: Sat Dec 6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386".

PS: Took your adviced and removed that part :)

scushkadee

scushkadee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Hey - wondering if you figured this out? Possible guide?

carrera594

carrera594

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry I never did. I really wish though.

stei

stei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
alright guys decided, after waiting to see if someone else would get this, to see what i could come up with by fiddling with it. I have the 1063us so same specs except my graphics card is a Intel GMA instead so if you have graphics problems i cant help you. Note, i haven't actually installed it yet; just gotten the disc to boot.

when you get to the first prompt. you need to put in "-v busratio=17 cpus=1" minus the quotation marks of course. and after about 10 minutes of watching code scroll by and a few pauses where the loader doesn't recognize something you should be prompted by the "Select your language" screen.

Note this will make your i5 run as if it were a single core processor. Not sure what the fix is but i will be looking into it when i get a chance in between class and school.

Also if you try this and it makes your computer explode. Please don't get mad at me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy