installing with exsisting OS's

sSword

3 posts in this topic

Hi :P

In my current system I wish to add OSX. What I dont want to do is reinstall my current Windows OS's

I have a 500gb drive split into 300/200 with Windows 7HP(64bit) and XP Pro, using the standard Windows bootloader. I plan to use a spare 500gb drive for OSX and maybe Ubuntu

I do alot of audio production and reinstalling XP is out of the question, reinstalling windows 7 I could live with.

Looking at the guides they all talk of fresh installations but I would like to add OSX to the current setup without effecting my current OS

My PC:

AsusP5Q3 Intel P45, Realtek Audio

Intel E8500 Core2Duo

8gb ddr3 RAM

Geforce 260GT

Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN (no possibility of using wired ethernet)

500gb drive with Windows7/XP

1TB(2x500) raid 0 (used for audio/video streaming)

1TB Storage Drive

1TB Storage Drive

500Gb Empty drive

I have looked at alot of guides and cannot find anything specific to doing what I want to do, can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks!

Hi :(

In my current system I wish to add OSX. What I dont want to do is reinstall my current Windows OS's

I have a 500gb drive split into 300/200 with Windows 7HP(64bit) and XP Pro, using the standard Windows bootloader. I plan to use a spare 500gb drive for OSX and maybe Ubuntu

I do alot of audio production and reinstalling XP is out of the question, reinstalling windows 7 I could live with.

Looking at the guides they all talk of fresh installations but I would like to add OSX to the current setup without effecting my current OS

My PC:

AsusP5Q3 Intel P45, Realtek Audio

Intel E8500 Core2Duo

8gb ddr3 RAM

Geforce 260GT

Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN (no possibility of using wired ethernet)

500gb drive with Windows7/XP

1TB(2x500) raid 0 (used for audio/video streaming)

1TB Storage Drive

1TB Storage Drive

500Gb Empty drive

I have looked at alot of guides and cannot find anything specific to doing what I want to do, can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks!

If you are installing OS X on its own separate HDD, then apart from disconnecting the Windows HDD before installing OS X (just for maximum safety), you do not have to touch your Windows installations, other than to install EasyBCD if you wish..........