Radeon 5850 trouble.. I think

cmdrk

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard on to my machine with iATKOS S3 v2, and I'm sort of stumped.

My machine's specs are:

Core i5 660

ASUS P7P55D-E

4GB RAM

Powercolor Radeon 5850

and the SATA controller is set to AHCI.

I can get to the installation screen fine using "busratio=25" at the bootloader. In the "Customize" menu, I picked out my SATA controller and network card drivers, and checked GraphicsEnabler.

When I try to boot into OS X (using options busratio=25 -v, and I've also tried busratio=25 -v -x), I just get a black screen and my video card fan kicks up into high gear. I've also tried GraphicsEnabler=no to no avail.

I grabbed Netkas's beta driver for the 5850 and placed the kexts into S/L/E (via USB stick and the install CD) and deleted /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext to hopefully reset the kernel driver cache.

Upon rebooting, I used "busratio=25 arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=no -f" and got to the Apple logo, but no farther.

I'm not sure where to proceed from here. I'm guessing it's a problem with my Radeon 5850. Any ideas?