With the helps of users from this forum, I managed to install Snow Leopard to Acer Aspire 1420p and dual boot Windows 7.
What does not works:
* Though native video resolution works via bootloader configuration, QE/CI doesn't work. As a result, many programs that require QE/CI functions don't work, such as Screen Capture.
* Intel Wifi 1000. No resolution at the moment. Bought a Dell 1500 half height wifi card that has native Airport bcm43xx support out-of-the-box.
* Sleep does not work. To be accurate, sleep does work but it can't wake up the display. The workaround is not to sleep at all
* Touch screen
* 3G - Haven't tried. I use Wifi tethering to my phone.
* 32-bit native video resolution 1366x768
* Built-in webcam
* Built-in Atheros network card
* Wifi Dell 1505 wifi BCM43xx out of the box
* Video - Youtub, Flash, QuickTime 7
* Keyboard and mouse
* Battery indicator
* Mult-card reader
I have documented the steps and it's quite long. Please visit http://www.mobiletux.com/
I am still looking for Intel GMA4500 kext to make QE/CI work.
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users