• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

WiiGamin

WiiGamin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been messing with this stuff with virtual machines for a long time now, I have experience with native installs, but I need help with this install.

I'm trying to install on a Dell XPS 710. My specs according to CPU-Z are below:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Motherboard chipset: nForce4 SLI Intel Edition
Southbridge: nForce 570 SLI
GPU: GeForce 8600 GTS
Hard drives: I have SATA and IDE drives. I want to install to the IDE drives.

If you need more info, let me know.

My problem is, when I'm loading the installer for OSx86 Snow Leopard, I keep getting a still waiting for root device. After looking around, I believe I need a patched AppleNForceATA file to match my chipset and a way to add it to my OSx86 installer. I need assistance finding such a file and putting it in the installer. If that's not my problem, what is it? :wacko: That's my only problem at this current point, but I may come across more when/if this particular problem is resolved. If so, I'll let you know.

If you can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. :( And if you need more info about anything, please ask. I have an actual need for OS X Snow Leopard and I'd like to get this set up as soon as possible. (No, I can't afford a real mac just yet. :) )

-WiiGamin

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,514 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

I've been messing with this stuff with virtual machines for a long time now, I have experience with native installs, but I need help with this install.

I'm trying to install on a Dell XPS 710. My specs according to CPU-Z are below:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Motherboard chipset: nForce4 SLI Intel Edition
Southbridge: nForce 570 SLI
GPU: GeForce 8600 GTS
Hard drives: I have SATA and IDE drives. I want to install to the IDE drives.

If you need more info, let me know.

My problem is, when I'm loading the installer for OSx86 Snow Leopard, I keep getting a still waiting for root device. After looking around, I believe I need a patched AppleNForceATA file to match my chipset and a way to add it to my OSx86 installer. I need assistance finding such a file and putting it in the installer. If that's not my problem, what is it? ;) That's my only problem at this current point, but I may come across more when/if this particular problem is resolved. If so, I'll let you know.

If you can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. ;) And if you need more info about anything, please ask. I have an actual need for OS X Snow Leopard and I'd like to get this set up as soon as possible. (No, I can't afford a real mac just yet. :P )

-WiiGamin

I know there is a lot of reading to do but my blog nForce chipset MOBO + Intel CPU install guides for distros (Snow Leopard and Leopard), and my nForce chipset MOBO + Intel CPU Snow Leopard Install Guide here and Leopard nForce Pre-Series 7 thread here do offer much helpful advice........(as does my Leopard nForce Series 7 thread here)....... :)

WiiGamin

WiiGamin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply. ;) The site isn't letting me see your blog. ;) I guess I need a certain post count? And yes, that's a heck of a lot to read. I'll have to read the threads a bit later since I have some stuff to do. But first, a question...

How exactly do I properly insert a kext into a OSx86 distro and load it with the OS X installer so that I can get around the "Still waiting for root device" problem? If that's in one of your threads, let me know.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,514 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

Thanks for the reply. ;) The site isn't letting me see your blog. ;) I guess I need a certain post count? And yes, that's a heck of a lot to read. I'll have to read the threads a bit later since I have some stuff to do. But first, a question...

How exactly do I properly insert a kext into a OSx86 distro and load it with the OS X installer so that I can get around the "Still waiting for root device" problem? If that's in one of your threads, let me know.

It is detailed in one of my blog entries........use Google with "tribooting JaS 10.5.4 nForce"..........but you can simply choose a distro with the AppleNForceATA kext already in its boot Extensions.mkext file............e.g. Kalyway 10.5.2, iPC 10.5.6, iATKOS S3 v2........use Google with "tribooting iATKOS S3 v2"...........:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy