MacBook 1.83Ghz Model for sale

md_netcentral

16 posts in this topic

I bought three by accident. Damn eBay. They are sealed an unregistered so 1 yr warranty kicks in from when you turn it on and register

I'll use PayPal or Escrow.com, not really comfortable with anything else. Pickup in Los Angeles would be the best.

I'll do 950 shipped to 48 states,

I can take pictures of the boxes when I get home.

Just so it's clear, I didn't win 3 seperate auctions. That (at least to my wife) would be excusable. That would mean I, in my excitement, bid on three auctions hoping to win one.

Oh, no, not I. I decided that purchasing a box of 5 Apple Notebooks (edu 5pak) would be a really smart thing. Now, if I do sell them, and I am sure I will, then the one I bought for my wife and the one I kept will be a lot less than retail and it was smart.

As it stands right now, I'm about 3K too much in the hole...

I'll take pictures of them when I get home, but I don't want to take them out of the sealed plastic/fabric bag they come in because people want them in 'virgin' state.

I've registered 2 of them with Apple (called them directly) when I bought so I know the warranties are good. (I did the before purchasing because I wanted to avoid problems -- How exactly did you get a educational 5 pack? We're sorry, they have no warranty...).

Anyway, I want to use escrow.com, the ESCROW.com not the Nigerian scam alternative, but ideally, my preference is to local pickups because you can turn it on, see it, register it, feel it, pay for it, and I don't have to get hit with fees.

I think I'm down to two avaiable as one of the site founders (MASH) wants one. I'm kind of partial to OSX86 as I've been chewing pieces of their bandwidth pipe for the last 6 months with my mundane "How do I get my wireless.." questions.

I'll take a video or picture for anyone interested.

Full dislosure, the one I sold is probably going to go for less than $950 because it's a site founder (if it actually goes through). Second thing, this box that they come in does not have remotes. I'm not trying to steal 3 extra remotes. I'm even willing to video tape the packaging. There is a hole for everything but not a remote.

Hence the reason why I just bought 10 new remote son eBay for 150 with free shipping. I can't include the remote if I go below $950, and here's why. 950 - 15 (remote) - ~19 (UPS ground including $10 insurance and I'm not including boxes because my company warehouse is going to eat that cost). I can't lose money on the whole thing. I know I can sell them for a good price if I wait it out.

Anyway, I'll take some snaps for you tonight or tommorow.

*EDIT* Pics have to come tommorow because wife didn't bring home the box from office.

Didn't disappear.

Sorry, my daughter's one year birthday party was today and the nanny's son in law lost 2 of his fingers in a work accident this week ---> caused his wife (her daughter) to miscarry a 2 month fetus --> caused our nanny to drive to Palm Springs to be with them --> caused me to take off two days of work this week and not really do much in terms of internet to take care of Cessa (my daughter).

Anyway, I'm on top of this. I think my wife brought a box of them so you can see the pics of how they come (in boxes of 5). I'll try to take them this weekend if she brought them home (I'm working this weekend to make up for my lost days installing VMWare ESX Server 3.0 and about 6 virtual machines on a 4-way dual-core xeon (8 core) system, so believe it or not, in the 5 minutes I've seen her since yesterday afternoon it didnt' come up.

I'm super busy, but I'm not a flake, scammer, or dishonest.

In the words of my governor, I'll be back

Matthew Desario

NetCentral

5617 Hollywood Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90028

3234671336 office

3238558121 mobile

3232309367 fax

(you'll not the non-Nigerian address).

:offtopic:

Mash:

Here is a (albeit {censored} quality) video of how the MacBooks come.

I sold three in the past 3 days on craigslist, 2 for (950) and 1 for (1000) with some software extras (the buyer assured me he had the legally purcahsed license at home...)

Anyway, I took this just now. I have another box but I'm probably going to sell most of them locally just because with I don't have to ship and/or pay fees. I actually am feeling a lot better about my purchase, hence why i dropped another bunch of money on another box.

If you're interested, as promised I'll pay shipping if you pay escrow. If you have someone out here (family, friend, etc.) I'd love to have you pay them and meet up with them, but obviously that's more complicated. Are you coming out here for that Apple conference?

COD is cheaper but if I was the buyer I'd want a couple of days to check it out before releasing payment, hence escrow.com is pretty cool.

MD - md AT net-centra DOT com

Video_073106_001.rar

I'm looking for an 1.83Ghz Macbook. $900 is way better than $1183 w/tax. mmm, I might have to ask some of my dads friends that live in Garden Grove to pick them up and ship them to me. I will pay shipping, however im saving up for a Macbook right now by working. Please send me pics of the Macbooks to vortex87021 at gmail dot com