Help With an HP proliant server

klimthesmartcow

2 posts in this topic

Greetings, I am having some difficulty getting osx to run on an HP DL580 G3 server.

I have tried several methods to boot including boot-132 and iAtkos v 7. Keep in mind that I am new to the osx86 community, and so I may have missed an important step. For instance, I havent really been able to get the kexts that I believe to be the correct ones on to a boot-132 disk, so mostly I have been using pre made iso's.

Currently, I can either boot and get it to freeze at the grey apple screen, or if I boot in verbose mode, it loads all of the kexts and then restarts the server.

My specs are

Intel e8500 chipset - I cannot fins much info on this, but I believe it is AHCI.

4x 3.66 Ghz Xeons. I have checked on wikipedia, and these appear to support sse3

EVGA Nvidia 8400 gs w 512 mb ram (PCI)

1 GB Ram

The kexts that I have been trying to put into a boot-132 CD are:

AHCIportInjector - for the chipset

ApplePS2Controller (im using a ps2 keyboard/mouse)

NVinject ( for the video card)

any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin

Alright, I have disabled hyper threading, and determined that it is an ICH5 chipset (apparently e8500 and ICH5 are very similar.)

I have assembled a boot CD, with the kexts that I had decided on but I still get the same error. I tried adding the cpus=1 argument, same thing. I did not use the kext for sata on an ICH5 chipset, the drive is sata but it goes through a controller, not the motherboard. Would it boot even without seeing the drive?