Missing /Extra-folder under iATKOS S3 ?

sébastien.nazaire

6 posts in this topic

i installed iatkos on my asus k52jc but i just can't find the extra folder ?

it should be on the root partition but there is NO folder like that.

if i choose the /Extra @ installing iatkos s3, there IS the folder, but i need to edit the com.apple.boot.plist and the search doesn't find it, smbios.plist neither O_____O

next problem: if i update via the combo update, i get a kernel panic & i think it's because this folder is missing...

is the folder just hidden or where can i find the boot.plist ?

i used "ShowAllFiles" from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and as i made the hidden folders unhidden, the extra folder appeared and so the com.apple.boot.plist

so i am fine with my iatkos s3 system, everythings working fine except the graphics but i got a solution and will try it.

next problem is the update to 10.6.4

i thought i could update just with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method, replacing the kernel etc after successful update, but i was wrong.

i downloaded the combo-update and opened it, installed but @ ca 85% i get a "double panic" and i need to restart. after restart i get the same panic.

what am i doing wrong ?

and how can i update ?

i visited tonymacx86's site and took a look at his tutorial, but i think i might not do those steps caused by missing folder:

"Open Finder and navigate to your Snow Leopard drive

Right-click and delete Mac OS X Install Folder. This folder is an unnecessary remnant of the

installation process, and serves no purpose."