osx kicks me back to Windows bootloader, no errors

5 posts in this topic

I installed 10.4.6 HotISO and followed the chain loading instructions. So when I reboot my machine, the windows boot loader gives me two choices: Windows or OSX. I choose OSX and immediately get shown the Windows boot loader screen again. No errors or anything.

I am sure that OSX is installed on a primary partition as well as it has the boot flag. I tried copying the kernel from the install DVD over the kernel that got installed, just to be sure. It didn't help.

My machine is a Pentium M Centrino laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000d).

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

I installed 10.4.6 HotISO and followed the chain loading instructions. So when I reboot my machine, the windows boot loader gives me two choices: Windows or OSX. I choose OSX and immediately get shown the Windows boot loader screen again. No errors or anything.

I am sure that OSX is installed on a primary partition as well as it has the boot flag. I tried copying the kernel from the install DVD over the kernel that got installed, just to be sure. It didn't help.

My machine is a Pentium M Centrino laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000d).

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Mine does this too

what works for me is i hit enter and then instantly hit F8 Key then the Darwin bootloader shows and u can choose OSX ........... wierd but easy

Mine does this too

what works for me is i hit enter and then instantly hit F8 Key then the Darwin bootloader shows and u can choose OSX ........... wierd but easy

Awesome, thanks...that fixed the problem.

Did you notice when the Darwin bootloader comes up, your Windows (or Linux) partition shows up before the OSX partition? Maybe the Darwin bootloader is set to load the first entry by default..? Mine looks like this:

NTFS hd(0, 1)

OSX hd(0, 2)

Maybe it just automatically tries to boot the first entry.

Awesome, thanks...that fixed the problem.

Did you notice when the Darwin bootloader comes up, your Windows (or Linux) partition shows up before the OSX partition? Maybe the Darwin bootloader is set to load the first entry by default..? Mine looks like this:

NTFS hd(0, 1)

OSX hd(0, 2)

Maybe it just automatically tries to boot the first entry.

not to sure.... it didnt do it till i used 10.4.6 or later for some reason