Wake on LAN Windows 7 with Boot Camp

endeler

1 post in this topic

I am running Boot Camp 3.1 with Windows 7 64bit on my iMac 27" (2.8 GHz Quad-Core). Everything runs fine so far, except Wake On LAN. When Win7 goes to sleep I can wake it up once, but after the next sleep it cannot be turned on again with a magic packet. I've tried that under OS X and this works without any problems. I found out that if I change any parameter in the advanced tab of the "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet" device properties the driver will be reloades with the result that I can wake it up once again. I assume that this is a problem with the network card driver, but installing the latest from the Broadcom website did not work.

Is there anybody who can confirm that waking up her/his iMac can be revived via WOL. I use this feature with my Mac minis for a long time, therefore I have to assume this is a bug in Boot Camp. Either the drivers of the network card or something else has to be fixed by Apple.

I'd really like that to work, because I'd like to have the iMac sleep while I don't use it. So any help is very appreciated!