1 reply to this topic

DonGui

DonGui

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello everybody,

I recently built a hackintosh which wasn't much trouble, most of it worked almost oob. However, I'm having a very annoying issue with sound. I'm not using the realtek 888 of the gygabyte mobo, I use an external USB interface instead (digidesign mbox 2). Thing is when using system audio (i.e. playing a song in iTunes or other player, watching a video online or whatever), a lot of dropouts occur in the sound, which seem linked to whatever stress I'm putting on the system. For example, I tend to listen to iTunes when browsing online, and often opening a new tab, or clicking a link or else will lead to a synchronized dropout in the audio. This is really just an example and it happens with all sorts of uses of the cpu, and with players other than iTunes as well. It is really quite a pain when I'm trying to enjoy some music while browsing.

I've tried with another sound board as well (m-audio transit), and had the same issue. I have really no clue as to what could be the cause. Btw, I never got the mobo's sound chip (realtek 888) to work in osX, but since I don't use it never quite got to solving the issue.

My system is :
cpu i7 860
mobo gigabyte GA-P55-UD4
gfx eVGA GTS 250
os 10.6 installed with ##### supported / #####

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
try update your system to 10.6.4
may will be solved
for onboard audio try this after updatig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy