Should I be concerned?

nashk8o

2 posts in this topic

Someone who just plain HAD IT with Windows bought an iMac and gave me their HP Pavilion Elite m9452. Since it was a nice Core 2 Quad, I figured it would be a good Hackintosh. Reading the forums I noted that the intel 3100 graphics have been problematic as well as the onboard Audio. So I dropped an Nvidia 8400GS and connected an external USB Creative SB 0270. I ran the iAtkos v3 s2 and it installed without issue. I had sound all resolutions and even though the system profiler doesn't SAY SO, I have QE/CI support (imovie, cover flow and front row all run without issue.)

When I boot up, however, using the -v handle, it says ERROR PARSING FILE, then text rolls and throughout I see numerous ERROR STARTING COMPUTER messages, but it boots up just fine. I even ran software update which brought me to 10.6.4 and this thing FLIES! I've installed CS5,Logic Studio 9, mixed some tracks mastered them to DVD with Encore. Should I leave well enough alone and count my blessings or do the error messages warrant investigation.

I'm not that patient and kinda lazy, so I've ignored them.

Any thoughts?

<offtopic>

We added a "New Users Lounge"? This is great

</offtopic>

Boot errors usually indicate something that is broken and can be easily fixed. Since you have no problems, I'm interested to see what exactly these errors indicate. Just leave it alone unless you have problems you didn't tell us about (you said that your video and audio worked right right?). In my opinion (I'm no expert I may be wrong) the video card driver is incomplete. It gets the video working %100 but doesn't care to work behind the scenes much causing those errors. Congratulations on building a system that can upgrade the 3rd number.