Can't start iAtkos S3 v2 install.

macalex59

3 posts in this topic

I just got iAtkos S3 v2, and when I want to make the disc boot, there is an error that stops the boot process. It indicates that it needs to boot from UUID media and "netkas presents fakesmc, a kext which emulates smc device", then it shows "Still wating for root device." I used -v -f -x cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=18 flags having not good results.

I read about it, UUID, and some tutorials. I think I have a clue, I need to get my BIOS set up with AHCI and have SATA HDDs. The problem is that my disc is IDE and my BIOS hasn't any AHCI parameters.

I have only one physical disc (IDE) distributed in 3 partitions. One for Windows 7 Ultimate, other for my files and the last one is for Mac OS X.

My PC, is a Pentium 4 @ 1.8GHz (SSE2), 1024MB RAM (DDR), nVidia GeForce FX5200 (AGP), HDD IDE, motherboard Intel 845G.

Can I have this distro installed in my PC? I already tried with iPC, iDeneb and Hazard distros, getting the best results with iPC (Leopard) 'cause I finished install but OSX didn't boot.

• 1 month later...

There is no such thing as a SATA IDE patch.

His motherboard has Intel ICH5, and he's using a PATA HDD. He needs to use an install DVD that has a modified AppleIntelPIIATA.kext.

nVidia GeForce FX5200 (AGP)

Support for Geforce 5xxx cards was dropped in 10.5.6, you'll never get that working in Snow Leopard.

Try "Jas OSx86 10.5.4 Client/Server", it has good compatibility with older P4 based PCs with Intel 8 series chipsets.