Intel GMA 950 Quartz Extreme

anotheropaygo

31 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, took me forever to get back to this.

I tried the vanilla kexts but have the same issue. Could this be affected by the bootloader I'm using? I recall seeing some mentions about Chameleon and Intel GMA's. At the minute I'm just booting from a bootloader disc (Chameleon RC3) as I haven't installed one to disk yet in case I need to make changes.

Also, I've come across this thread which apparently works for my card on 10.6.4 so I may give that a go as well but I'm not very clear on the installation procedure as the one described in the OP of that thread isn't very detailed.

Glad to hear to from you again.

The instructions of above post are not too bad.

Download the correct kext package which is determined by your Mac OS X version, and your Intel GMA 950 device ID.

Then download the boot_rel3 attachment, which is after being unzipped, a file named "boot."

Replace the old "boot" file located in /{Snow Partition Name}. It is hidden by Mac OS X, so you need to show all hidden files (search the forums for doing that) before you can replace it.

• 1 month later...
Glad to hear to from you again.

The instructions of above post are not too bad.

Download the correct kext package which is determined by your Mac OS X version, and your Intel GMA 950 device ID.

Then download the boot_rel3 attachment, which is after being unzipped, a file named "boot."

Replace the old "boot" file located in /{Snow Partition Name}. It is hidden by Mac OS X, so you need to show all hidden files (search the forums for doing that) before you can replace it.

Can you please recommend the best Snow Leopard distribution and install method for an HP dc7600 with device ID 2772? I only have a P4 32bit so I can't run a Vanilla kernel. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
For GMA950 desktop ID 2772 with vanilla kexts

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1501081

The two patches you need are built into the compiler app--DTGP patch & GMA950 Desktop patch.

++

Having struggled reading thread after thread of what amounted to outdated info, this solution work 100% with my desktop ID 2772 GMA 950.

No GMA patch to Chameleon, no modified KEXTs.

Basically you extract your DSDT, add two "patches" listed above, compile this DSDT and place in appropriate place for Chameleon to inject on boot.

To simplify the process you can get EvO's DSDTSE app which has both those patches included. Simple extract, copy and paste and compile within that app.

Edit: Even easier, find DSDT Editor, it will apply the patches for you.