AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

OSX Sufferrer here is your DSDT, see if it fixes the issues. i did all the other usual DSDT fixes also so it pretty much set on everything. :thumbsup_anim:

Can you please tell me how to use this custom DSDT with my snow leopard retail/iatkos/hazard DVD during installation?

and another thing, can I use this DSDT on any other system or just for my system?

that mobo only, this can be used., maybe for other systems with identical mobo and mobo rev, ex 2.0 etc.

the easiest way to get this dsdt injected would to use a retail boot method. what are you currently using to boot the retail DVD? mohammedkhairy's boot cd?

mohammedkhairy: is it possible to edit that boot cd? or do you have all the kexts kernels etc on it so that it can be remade with a cd maker?

EDIT\\ their is a preboot.dmg, so mount cd as editable and edit the dmg with DSDT.

that mobo only, this can be used., maybe for other systems with identical mobo and mobo rev, ex 2.0 etc.

the easiest way to get this dsdt injected would to use a retail boot method. what are you currently using to boot the retail DVD? mohammedkhairy's boot cd?

mohammedkhairy: is it possible to edit that boot cd? or do you have all the kexts kernels etc on it so that it can be remade with a cd maker?

EDIT\\ their is a preboot.dmg, so mount cd as editable and edit the dmg with DSDT.

I tried nawcom bootcd latest one, I tried injecting the dsdt using magiciso, but it is giving error, I think windows can't read/write HFS+ file system. any other good way to inject the dsdt in windows?

nah your stuck ;)

HEY!!! could someone be nice and get the boot cd from the first post, and edit the Preboot.dmg inside the iso with the DSDT i posted for OSX Sufferrer? (in osx ofc) It would only take like 5 minutes! please!

thanks!

nah your stuck :(

HEY!!! could someone be nice and get the boot cd from the first post, and edit the Preboot.dmg inside the iso with the DSDT i posted for OSX Sufferrer? (in osx ofc) It would only take like 5 minutes! please!

thanks!

please anyone help me... my DSDT is posted 5 posted above this reply, even if anyone want the nawcom modcd, i can share here, also please tell me how to edit the preboot.dmg and re-make the bootable iso, I can look for friend's mac os x to make my own bootdisc.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there. Need some help.. I managed to install it. After it rebooted after install, my PC was stuck at boot, nothing came up on the screen. So I had to Clear my CMOS. Then I went through the initial setup and tried to install Chameleon with The installer. After I rebooted, I had to clear my CMOS AGAIN to get it to start up again. Then after that I booted with -v -f and I got left with a blank screen. I remembered to change settings after clearing for SATA. But I need to stop the problem where I have to keep clearing my CMOS with ther jumpers. It's quite annoying everytime I try to reboot. Thanks!! :wacko:

put "elliotforcelegacy.kext" in /Extra/Extensions, get it from my guides ( see signature ).

this kext stops the bios resets on Snow and Lion once and for all.

• 3 weeks later...
OSX Sufferrer here is your DSDT, see if it fixes the issues. i did all the other usual DSDT fixes also so it pretty much set on everything. :)

@sirbow2

well i managed a osx install on my friend and streamed the dsdt on nawcom modcd. so far the USB problem is gone i think, because the error message did not appear using the modified bootcd. but a new problem appeared which was not seen earlier. the message is like below attachment

DSC01975.jpg

when i had the usb problem, i did not have this atapi error, and i reached till the install screen of OSX Snow Leopard. Recently i did not make any bios update or any change in sata device or its port. can you please remodify the dsdt again or a guide to modify the dsdt on my own, what to change etc.

another problem is no bootcd is able to solve the "nvenabler: probe fails" error, any best idea how to solve it?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Thanks for you guide, it has helped me a lot.

Only problem is, I get very inconsistent results. I did your original install method, then the 2nd one for people who were still having trouble booting up. This worked the first time I restarted, but then the 2nd time it hangs on the grey apple logo and does not do anything else.

My bypass around this was to type -v at the loading screen, then proceed with loading the operating system.

For whatever reason, loading the OS through verbose works, but not without.

Any ideas? I suppose it is not a big deal, but thought it was rather odd.

Thanks!

Here's a noob question:

When he says in his after setups instructions to:

* open terminal and type this command

sudo -s

rm /mach_kernel

amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched

cp /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

update_dyld_shared_cache

That looks like a series of commands, can we just copy and paste that whole thing beginning with "rm /mach_kernel", or how does that work? Because every way I have tried I receive errors about lack of permission, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

So everything is running smoothly, I was wondering if I should try updating it. I used this guide to get my setup running well. Is there any advantages to the new updates?

it wants to update;

itunes 10.5

ilife 9.0.4

osx 10.6.8

airport 5.5.3

remote desktop 3.5.1

I realize the 10.6.8 is the hurdle here, the rest will probably work and i probably don't need then anyway. If I decide to try it whats the best/easiest way to backup (full backup like chameleon and all) on to a partition on the same drive? and restore if all hell breaks loose?

updating to 10.6.8

after setuping 10.6.3 and making extra folder on root do extensions folder on extra

setup 10.6.8 comboupdate

after setuping dont restrat

setup nawcom kernel pkg

now you can restart and enjoy

if you need full usb support and full sleep

use andyvand usb kext

waitng lion legacy kernel for new topic :)

Hey Guys,

Well I have got this up and running with no troubles... That was until I installed more ram in to my computer.

This WAS working with 4 gigs (1 stick) of DDR3 1600 Corsair XMS RAM, and in fact it still works when I added another 2 gig stick to it. However, when I put in 4 identical 4 gig sticks (16 gigs totals) the computer boots up normally, but will not open programs. It says "Logic 9 has unexpectedly quit". And will redisplay this message everytime I open a program, in this case Logic 9.

Any ideas would be great... is this something an updated kext would solve?

PS - I have tried every different combination of ram, and ram slots.

Hi,

I decided to use the second way cause i dont have a sata dvd-rom.

my configure is

asus m4a78lt-m

athlon X2 265

I used vmware snow leopard to do the following operations:

*First Partion your flash memory by MBR method and format it Mac os Extended (Journaled)

*Then Setup Chameleon RC4 to flash memory

*After Successful Install of Chameleon Restore Retial DVD to Flash memory with out erase like on Image

* After restoring

*delete Mach_kernel that on flash memory after restoring show it by this or this

*copy mach_kernel that i linked above to flash memory

*copy extensions folder and boot.plist to extra folder on flash memory

then i attached a new sata hdd, choosed achi sata mod in bios and try to load from usb but it seemes like the system doesnt see any bootloader on it and it cant start from usb flash

also i've burned bootloader on cd and try to load from it but had this messsage

26102011328.jpg

can any1 help me?

Its a dream, to see my X4 B55 with all 4 cores working.

Amazing tutorial. Thank you soo much.

I am a bit confused about some things:

SleepEnabler must be placed in /Extra or /S/L/E?

Here on my system, the /Extra folder contains only this files: c.a.b.plist and 2 folders (keymaps & modules)

Thanks.

Good Luck 4 all.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I've had some trouble installing by following this thread and another thread 'http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275100&hl=%2Bm4a79+%2Bdeluxe&fromsearch=1'. I've included the kernel panics as an attachment. My specs are m4a79 deluxe motherboard, amd phenom 2 x4 940 3ghz, 8gb ddr2 800 RAM, 2x ATI radeon hd4650 1GB. The Mac disc I'm using is the 10.6 retail.

Help needed.

Thanks in advance

post-984465-0-08971100-1333120832_thumb.jpg

post-984465-0-79335300-1333120919_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I've installed SL in my laptop following the first way. But I've got some annoying issues. After boot, the laptop starts running hotter and hotter with the fan runs fast, I thinks the temp could be about 90 Celsius degree. Another issue is that my CPU is an AMD Phenom II x4 N950, if I don't set the flag cpus or set it to 4, the system will hang at IOAPIC .. on boot. Could anyone please help me with these problems? sorry for my bad English.

• 6 months later...

Hello guys, i am having litte trouble with my mac installation. I made bootable usb stick, booted successfully from it. Then Apple logo appears and after a while it stucks on this screen

IMG_0187.JPG

it is just black screen with that nice rainbow spinning wheel. What i am doing wrong?

motherboard GA-MA78LMT-S@

cpu Athlon II x2 250

gfx card integrated

while making the usb stick i followed the second guide on page 1 of this thread.

Martin

So i tried GraphicEnabler but no luck. I also downloaded latest cham but it givs me verifying DMI pool data...Update success when trying to boot from usb stick. I tried Chameleon 2.0 RC4 once again in -v mode and this is what i see. IMG_0193.JPG

I have been looking and researching and before I start this I want to make sure I have all my ducks lined up :)

Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD 6320 Graphics

Cores:2

Memory: 4 GB

HDD:500GB

Manufacturer/Model:Hp 2000-369wm Notebook

System Type:64 bit

DirectX version: DirectX 10

Network Adapter: Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n Wifi adapter

Network Adapter: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Network Adapter: Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter

*Motherboard*:HP 2000 G43 CQ43 Laptop Motherboard 657323001

also I have 16GB Usb flash drive and two CD-RW 700mb, Do I have everything I need??

I had to remove my Ram just to find the number of the motherboard, I hate doing that because I think im going to damage it by ESD because I haven't ordered my anti-static mat or wrist band so Im always nervous when I do that strong>ression.gif