Adobe CS5 or Final Cut Studio

Adobe CS5 or Final Cut Studio  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Adobe CS5 or Final Cut Sudio

• Adobe CS5
    • Final Cut Studio

11 posts in this topic

So I have a mac and I'm going to be editing 1080p video. I wanted to which is better Adobe's creative suite 5, or Final Cut Studio? So to let me know which one is better by voting, and leave a comment telling me why that specific software is the best.

Having worked at a radio/TV station, I would say go with whatever software you're more comfortable with. Try both first, and decide which interface you find easier.

I preferred using Final Cut (although we used Pro and Pro HD versions).

I originally used Media 100 for my video editing (and the workstation for that had all the bells and whistles you could ask for) but I grew a liking to Media 100 because it was similar. There were other employees that preferred using Adobe Premier, but it's whatever you want.

I just got a new MacBook Pro which has Final Cut Studio on it, so I can dabble with editing again, but I doubt I'll use it much.

I would strongly suggest getting dedicated scratch discs for editing though, I'm working at a computer repair shop now, and I've actually got a customers drive in the other day, I'm still transferring data off of it, they use CS5 and Final Cut Express, but they have nearly 300gb of raw files on there from projects. If you do 1080p editing on your main OS drive, your computer will slow down considerably very quickly.

• 1 month later...

Get CS5.

I've used Final Cut Pro professionally since version 2 and have loved every minute of it. It's the best.

But unless you already own Photoshop, 99% chance you are going to need PS as well, so get the Adobe Production bundle that includes both PS and Premiere Pro and save some cash. Everything you can do in one you can do in the other, the main differences are minor workflow variations and add-on plugins.

• 1 month later...