Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM Install Notes

USMC 0651 DNS

5 posts in this topic

Leopard 10.5.6 Install

I was able to install iPC OSX86 Live DVD-DL properly. If you are using this machine you will want to install the following:

Ethernet - R1000.

Keyboard and Touchpad - PS2 mouse and keyboard patch.

Audio - Still sorting this.

Display - Working with this fix. GMA Patch

Wifi - Realtek 8191se currently not supported. Currently using NetGear WG111 v3 USB Adapter (around $20 at Walmart if you can still find one).

Upgradeable to 10.5.8 with Shutdown / Restart patch.

I will update this as necessary when advances have been made. This notebook runs great and is very cheap at Walmart.com I got mine for $298.00 with free shipping. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all that have contributed with the patches, kexts, and distros.

Snow Leopard Install

Also managed to get iAtkos S3 V2 loaded and working.

Choose the standard (mandatory) options.

Keyboard and Mouse - PS2 Patch

Sound - Still working. I think Azalia will work. Testing now.

Ethernet - Select none and use R1000 fix.

Display - Same GMA patch as above.

I will also update this install as it is my current install now. Some of the updated fixes may work on the Leopard install also.

Leopard 10.5.6 Install

I was able to install iPC OSX86 Live DVD-DL properly. If you are using this machine you will want to install the following:

Ethernet - R1000.

Keyboard and Touchpad - PS2 mouse and keyboard patch.

Audio - Still sorting this.

Display - Working with this fix. GMA Patch

Wifi - Realtek 8191se currently not supported. Currently using NetGear WG111 v3 USB Adapter (around $20 at Walmart if you can still find one).

Upgradeable to 10.5.8 with Shutdown / Restart patch.

I will update this as necessary when advances have been made. This notebook runs great and is very cheap at Walmart.com I got mine for $298.00 with free shipping. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all that have contributed with the patches, kexts, and distros.

i was curious, i have the same model. But instead of the card from walmart, couldn't you use the broadcom 1390 or 1490 and just install it, and have the airport access as a real mac does? they go for about 10 bucks on ebay. any solution on the audio yet?

• 1 month later...

I have had some success with the audio by using VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.1 for 10.5 on iPC 10.5.6. The exact file name is "VoodooHDA.kext.2.7.1-10.5". I tried other versions but it did not do anything. Using this kext, I was able to get the audio out working but with a lot of background noise and the mic working. The speakers "work" but they only a very loud and alarming sound as soon as you remove any external audio such as headphones. It seems like things might finally work out.

With audio, I have everything I need. Of course QE/CI would be great but I doubt that this will be possible considering that somebody would have to create a completely new driver for GMA 4500.