Searched everywhere but no luck, getting hazaard 6.2 distro to boot?

1 post in this topic

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered(I know it has) but none of the solutions presented in any threads I could find yielded any results.

Basically, I have the 10.6 intel amd hazaard release. 4.4gb.

I can mount the disc in my 10.5 install and see it has all the installation files etc so is probably not a fake.

but the problem is, it will not boot in any method i have at my disposal. basically, I have no working dvd-r at the moment(I know...) so I have to use other methods. I figured I could use the same method I used for 10.5 i.e, install via vmware using entire disk(I have three hd including usb), this worked beautifull for iatkos v7.

All except for sound, which I just can't get to work(alc662 realtek, i'm sure you've heard of the probs they have...but if you do know of a fix please let me know) so I'm hoping snow leopard will help or the new audio drivers(if any) included in the distro.

Anyway, back to the problem, when I boot it in vmware, all I get is a 'can't find boot.plist' error.

Sorry for not giving the exact error but i'm in linux atm(Can'tlive without sound)

So yeah, i have both linux ubuntu and mac 10.5 to help solve the problem. I tried converting the disc as it's hfs to a hybrid using hdiutil makehybrid snow.dmg -o snow.iso

and it worked in theory, it produced a working disc i could even open and view in windows. but it simply does not boot.

i even used restore in diskutil to restore to one of my hard-drives completely, but when i boot either normally or using a mac boot cd i managed to burn on a semi working cd-rw, it just hangs. it hangs normally, and i get some 'mach_0) bad magic number error if i use the boot disk.

I tried in VirtualBox, it just hangs when loading the extensions if i use the mac machine option. but it does appear to be loading for a min or two.

So what are my options? Worst case I dont mind using it in virtualbox if there's a way to get the install to occur.

But i would really prefer to use the vmware entiredisk trick to get it working as a native os. So...any suggestions for getting the disk, either in orignial or processed form to work in vmware linux?

Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to makes sure I made some sort of sense. i probably didn't i know :rolleyes: