Running Hackintosh in public place

58 posts in this topic

Many times, I have said no it is not a Mac it is a PC running a Mac OSX.

"Is it possible?"

Well, you have seen it.

:blink:

"How do you do that?"

Well it is a little bit of tricky, and it is by the way a hobby.

Stranger: “Is that a Mac??”

Me: “No, I am part of an Apple Research and Development Team called “OSX86”, it is our Job to Test and Evaluate the Performance of OSX Running on Standard PC Hardware for the Intended release of OSX for PC.”

Hopfully I never run into Steave Jobs... lol

Me: “No, I am part of an Apple Research and Development Team called “OSX86”, it is our Job to Test and Evaluate the Performance of OSX Running on Standard PC Hardware for the Intended release of OSX for PC.”

Hopfully I never run into Steave Jobs... lol

Perfect response, best of all, you should answer it in front of the genius bar workers in an Apple Store :(

That is a good one :)

For my work, I went to Apple headquarters here in México, and when they seen my laptop runnin Snow it blows they minds away, jajaja. My laptop has a Geforce 8800M GTS and I show how I can run Half Life Episode II, Call of Duty IV, and Star Wars Force Unleashed at full speed, and when they ask me if they can runnin I say nop, your Geforce 9400M cant run this kind of games at full speed. JAJAJA

well finally, the leopard found it's home in tropical where the sun shining and warmer, sometimes hot. Now he is a permanent resident.

(you know the CPU temperature sometimes hot, unusual.)

But of course i would not say this to an angry guy, instead i would say, i'm running Remote Desktop Viewer to my Mac at home and this is confidential, may i ?

I had this insurance guy come over to my place. In a bid to impress his assistant (a dumb but drop dead gorgeous girl in early 20s) he said... "Oh, don't bother, I have seen all these tricks" And then he turned towards me and asked, "So, how big is this theme after all, would you mind copying the setup to my thumb drive?" ... LOL

Stranger: Is that a mac?

Me: Do your really want to know?

Stranger: Sure...

Me: (Depending on how I'm feeling...) <Actually Explain it> OR (bad mood) <Use the OSx86 terminology (improperly) to overload the poor guy>

It happened to me recently in a meeting...

The guy sitting on my right was looking over my shoulder, and after a while he asked "But wait a minute it's a Mac ?", then, the girl sitting on my left replied "No, it's a Samsung !" and the guy replied to her "Yeah I know, but it's running Mac !" :D

I just kept quiet in the middle, waiting for them to stop arguing -_-