• Pip
  • 2 posts
Gateway LT2104U

Processor: Intel Atom N450

RAM: Upgraded from 1GB to 2GB

Hard Drive 250GB: Dual Boot 120GB for windows 7 Starter and 100GB for OSX

Network Card: Atheros AR8132

Wireless Card: Atheros AR5B93

Graphics: Intel GMA 3150 (Not working properly still waitting for a full development of the driver for this Graphics card)

Sound: Works

Resolution: 1024x600

Trackpad: Works

Keyboard: Works

Webcam: Works (In Photobooth)

USB: Works

Installed with iATKOS S3 v2 10.6.3

Upgraded to 10.6.4

Used Netboook installer 0.84 RC2 *edit* RC1

If any questions just post! I'll try to get back to you as soon as i can =P

1 Download iATKOS S3 v2 10.6.3

2 Boot via DVD Drive

3 Once booted up use Disk Utility to prepare the drive. (see other tutorial for that)

4 Select all the nessacary drivers for the netbook or else keyboard will not work and cards will not work.

Under Hardware tab select the following:

Graphics: Intel (check the box)

Lan: Atheros (check the box)

4 Let it install after that

5 before starting up plug in a USB mouse because the trackpad will not work (i do not know why prob ktext is not there) follow the instructions on screen yes you will hear the song "staying alive song"

6 After initial setup, download netbook installer 0.84 RC1.

7 Reboot

8 The trackpad should work not, then Update to 10.6.4 only DO NOT UPDATE ANYTHING ELSE WITH IT. Reboot!

9 This reboot will take a while so... just let it run....

10 Install other updates and you are up and running

masonjames

masonjames

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So you have both the wireless and 3g card working with this install? has anyone tried it without the iatkos?

Thanks! And congratulations!

wandorkman

wandorkman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Gateway LT2104U

Graphics: Intel GMA 3150

Upgraded to 10.6.4

Used Netboook installer 0.84 RC2

YOUR A SAVIOR!!! I have the exact same netbook and I have been looking FOREVER for someone that has successfully done this... What exactly do I need to know before starting this I'm downloading the iatkos now and the netbook installer... but I have no clue what steps i need to take.. currently the only thing I've changed to my netbook was upgrading to crucial 2g ram

BIG DEEE

BIG DEEE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So you have both the wireless and 3g card working with this install? has anyone tried it without the iatkos?

Thanks! And congratulations!

There wasn't a 3G card installed in my netbook therefore i couldn't test it. I bought this Netbook used!

If you have a mac i would recommend iPortable

Zaap

Zaap

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Hmm... I was curious to hack mine and tried this.

No dice- I just get a reboot loop if I install with iATKOS S3v2 10.6.3.

This 'guide' leaves out a lot of steps, IE:
3- drive formatted as MBR or GUID?
4- select all necessary drivers.... such as?? which ones? Any combo I've tried best guess/nothing selected/different combos. All result in reboot loop. Ditto default and all other kernels. Also, under Intel for graphics, there are several choices. Select ALL (as in the main Intel box) or just a specific chipset?

I managed to install 10.6.0 on the LT2104u using USB bootloader and retail SL DVD. Graphics were native resolution, but just about everything else doesn't work- audio, wireless, networking, card reader, etc. Any attempts I've made to update past 10.6 (with and without Netbook installer 0.84 RC2) results in a failed boot.

Installed with iPortable Snow x86 (10.6.2) as per another thread- very hit and miss, and no native resolution even after trying methods mentioned.

It would be nice to know what exactly I'm missing, if anyone who actually does have SL running on the LT2104u can some light. Otherwise, I'm thinking this is a lousy netbook for a Hackintosh- it seems to be a real PITA for that.

LouCioccio

LouCioccio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
My son has that same model. Earlier I tried putting sno leo with netbook installer. Could not get the wireless to work and graphic non-qe.
Later I picked up an Asus 1005HAB full success in snow lwo and graphics. I did swap out the wifi and hard drive putting in 500GB.
Any way merlot at netbook installer is still working on the gma 3150 and also on this forum someone said that the next version of sno leo 10.6.5 has a driver for the atheros wifi. In fact search the forum here as some one uploaded it.

Ciao,
Lou Cioccio

KhMeRA

KhMeRA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hmm... I was curious to hack mine and tried this.

No dice- I just get a reboot loop if I install with iATKOS S3v2 10.6.3.

This 'guide' leaves out a lot of steps, IE:
3- drive formatted as MBR or GUID?
4- select all necessary drivers.... such as?? which ones? Any combo I've tried best guess/nothing selected/different combos. All result in reboot loop. Ditto default and all other kernels. Also, under Intel for graphics, there are several choices. Select ALL (as in the main Intel box) or just a specific chipset?

I managed to install 10.6.0 on the LT2104u using USB bootloader and retail SL DVD. Graphics were native resolution, but just about everything else doesn't work- audio, wireless, networking, card reader, etc. Any attempts I've made to update past 10.6 (with and without Netbook installer 0.84 RC2) results in a failed boot.

Installed with iPortable Snow x86 (10.6.2) as per another thread- very hit and miss, and no native resolution even after trying methods mentioned.

It would be nice to know what exactly I'm missing, if anyone who actually does have SL running on the LT2104u can some light. Otherwise, I'm thinking this is a lousy netbook for a Hackintosh- it seems to be a real PITA for that.

I got the same problem, stuck on loop booting, still goole how to fix it. Any one know please help.

moisaenz

moisaenz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I got the same problem, stuck on loop booting, still goole how to fix it. Any one know please help.

I was able to get it to boot and everything is working except audio and of course video acceleration with iportable snow.Anyone could help with audio??Vodoo doesnt seem to work .

Hariharan

Hariharan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Gateway LT2104U

Graphics: Intel GMA 3150 (Not working properly still waitting for a full development of the driver for this Graphics card)

Upgraded to 10.6.4

Used Netboook installer 0.84 RC2 *edit* RC1

1 Download iATKOS S3 v2 10.6.3

2 Boot via DVD Drive

3 Once booted up use Disk Utility to prepare the drive. (see other tutorial for that)

4 Select all the nessacary drivers for the netbook or else keyboard will not work and cards will not work.

Under Hardware tab select the following:

Graphics: Intel (check the box)

Lan: Atheros (check the box)

4 Let it install after that

5 before starting up plug in a USB mouse because the trackpad will not work (i do not know why prob ktext is not there) follow the instructions on screen yes you will hear the song "staying alive song"

6 After initial setup, download netbook installer 0.84 RC1.

7 Reboot

8 The trackpad should work not, then Update to 10.6.4 only DO NOT UPDATE ANYTHING ELSE WITH IT. Reboot!

9 This reboot will take a while so... just let it run....

10 Install other updates and you are up and running

How to Boot the iATKOS from pendrive?

My Wifi adapter is Atheros AR5B95 not Atheros AR5B93. Will that make a difference?

Were you able to get Wifi and ethernet working?

imapirate30

imapirate30

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

How to Boot the iATKOS from pendrive?

My Wifi adapter is Atheros AR5B95 not Atheros AR5B93. Will that make a difference?

Were you able to get Wifi and ethernet working?

Has anyone made a more complete / detailed guide for this ??? Def. could use some help in my endeavors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy