I already have XP, 7, and Ubuntu Remix, would I have to delete them for OSx86?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

segadc

segadc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I have been getting interested in trying OSx86 on my ASUS EEEPC 1005HA netbook. But I have seen that some have to delete exisiting partitions (then reinstall again) to get it to work. Ideally I would like to just install it on my external hard drive. Either way I just rather not mess with reinstalling again. So is it possible to create another partition without deleting my existing partitions??

Thanks and wow tons to read but everytime I see a video of my netbook with OSx86 I am impressed!

sosleepy

sosleepy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I have been getting interested in trying OSx86 on my ASUS EEEPC 1005HA netbook. But I have seen that some have to delete exisiting partitions (then reinstall again) to get it to work. Ideally I would like to just install it on my external hard drive. Either way I just rather not mess with reinstalling again. So is it possible to create another partition without deleting my existing partitions??

Thanks and wow tons to read but everytime I see a video of my netbook with OSx86 I am impressed!

If you havent already, you could chain loop ubuntu to one of your windows drives to free up a partition

segadc

segadc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I used wubi to install ubuntu so is that technically not a partition?

sosleepy

sosleepy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I've seen guides where people have formatted their flash drive as OSX Extended through disk utility and just chose it as the installation disk from the installer. Have you tried that with your external? No guarantees that it would work (the adapter built into my external forbids it to be a boot device so i know it doesn't work for me), but I'm curious to know if it does.

Also check out the emulation subforum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy