• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Troy Stachnik

Troy Stachnik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 onto my dell mini 9, but i can't type anything in the registration windows (name, address, city, state, zip, email, etc, etc) and i can't figure out why my keyboard doesn't work, it worked fine when i booted the DVD, but it won't work now, if anyone has an idea as to why this could be, please tell me, it could really help me. (i wouldnt want to half to go and buy a USB keyboard)

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...
Ugh, first of all, you shouldn't be using hacked distros of Leopard or any other OS for that matter. If you like their software, then cough up the cash to buy Leopard and support Apple. Hacked/modified distros ALWAYS contain tons of modifications that your computer may not even need to use. These distros can sometimes create more problems than they solve. New users shouldn't rely on them as they just make fixing problems harder for them to understand. Secondly, this issue has been solved a million times already. All you needed to do was Google it for a quick answer or taken the time to use the Search button here on the forum.

Now then, all you are missing is a proper driver/kext for your system. Download the Voodoo one here, VoodooPS2Controller. It should work with your version of Leopard. Insert it into your /Extra/Extensions folder, repair permissions, rebuild your mkext, reboot and then try booting again.

Good luck

Sicko65

Sicko65

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
your best option is to use a retail copy on a usb stick (you decide how to get it) and then put netbook installer 0.8.4 rc1 on a usb stick then install. then find netbook installer 0.8.5 pre (run it) next update everything except for snow leopard 10.6.8 update put the usb stick of nbi 0.8.4 rc1 back in then run 0.8.5 pre again and enjoy your hackintosh.

http://code.google.c...book-installer/

http://osx.mechdrew....llmini10v.shtml (it can be done on windows you just have to mount the .dmg to usb with transmac for windows)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy