Help installing OSX on HP pavillion dv6

dlupien

12 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I have tried to install OSX on my Laptop for quite sometime, and have always failed. Originally i stopped trying because OSX wouldnt recognize SATA drives (which my laptop has) Now i hear there are installs that do this like HAZARD . I have tried Hazard as well as retail and many many others. I am a noob i guess at this and couls use some guidance. No matter what install I use i keep getting an ACPI panic or a kernel panic and never get passed a grey apple screen to even try to install it. Here is my system info :

Model: HP Pavillion DV6-1359wm

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHZ 2.2 GHZ

4 GB RAM

SATA 300GB drive

Hey folks, I have tried to install OSX on my Laptop for quite sometime, and have always failed. Originally i stopped trying because OSX wouldnt recognize SATA drives (which my laptop has) Now i hear there are installs that do this like HAZARD . I have tried Hazard as well as retail and many many others. I am a noob i guess at this and couls use some guidance. No matter what install I use i keep getting an ACPI panic or a kernel panic and never get passed a grey apple screen to even try to install it. Here is my system info :

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHZ 2.2 GHZ

4 GB RAM

SATA 300GB drive

give me information about south bridge

and upload picture if panic :)

give me information about south bridge and upload picture if panic :)

Well I used the boot command cpus=1 and was able to install but now after install I reboot and when trying to boot into osx I get another error saying kernel and cpu mismatch.. Any ideas on what should come next??

Not sure what south bridge means..

Well I used the boot command cpus=1 and was able to install but now after install I reboot and when trying to boot into osx I get another error saying kernel and cpu mismatch.. Any ideas on what should come next??

Not sure what south bridge means..

try anther version

iatkos s3

hi guys.. help please... i have the HP Pavillion DV6-2150US , im new... i tried iAtkos, Kalyway, iDeneb, but cant get past the darwin screen.... any code? any weird thing to do? help guys please

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Search for [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], get Tony's instruction and use a retailed Snow Disc (my is 10.6.3)...

Pls notice:

1. You need [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-Support bootloader to use a Vinilla Kernel...

2. Use the Retailed DVD. Type in with

"cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=16 -v -f"

Tried other versions. Don't work for me...

3. The Process is smooth and easy. But remember be very cautious, do not update to 10.6.4 or use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]... I tried many times. Got stuck everytime with FakeSME or something...

These won't work:

a. Wireless (No solution till now)

b. Webcam

c. Graphics (Only works in 1024x768, can't change into 1366x768 yet)

d. Left side USB and eSata plugs.

e. Mic...

f. Sleep (remember to turn it off...)

These works:

a. Sound

b. USB plugs on the right.

c. TouchPAD and Keyboard

• 2 weeks later...

When I start installing retail mac os I have the next error 

132e74e3.jpg

Help me please I very want to put retail mac os into my notebook!!!! This my hardware:

HP dv6-1229er

Intel Core 2 Duo T6500

Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 1Gb DDR3 - ( i think there is a problem in this)

This is my DSDTdsdt.zip 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi guys.. help please... i have the HP Pavillion DV6-2150US

I have dv6-1410em with c2d t6600 processor and ati radeon 4650h.d

Hey guys, just one suggestion - you all seems to have one thing in common - exotic (for OSX) video card chips - try to type your graphic processor details in the search field box and find the solutions (kexts?) for them, that may lead you and solve your OSX installation problems.

good luck

s