1 reply to this topic

Danielani

Danielani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Help with Atheros networks on ASUS G73 notebook

Please, help me with this laptop, I tried everything I could but still can't get the network working.
Here's some of what I've done so far, I downloaded 2 kext (Atherosfix.kext and AttansicL2Ethernet.kext 64bit) and edited their Info.plist, and added the network card device ID (Atherosfix = 168,2b and AttansicL2Ethernet = 10631969), And after I rebooted the PC, and to my amazement the cards were detected (LAN and Wireless) but my joy was very short leaved as I soon discovered that even-do the cards were detected but they were self assigned address and can not connect to the internet. In the Network property (in system preferences) their color were orange instead of green. Information on getting this laptop to run SL is very limited, so any help will be very much appreciated. My next big problem to solve will be the video card driver, but of course I'll take any help I can get anytime.
Here is my computer spec:

ASUS G73Jh
Strike in Silence

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 720QM 1.6 GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
DDR3 1066 MHz 8GB
17.3" Full HD (1920x1080)/HD+ (1600x900) Color-Shine
ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870, 1G GDDR5 VRAM
Dual SATA 1TB 7200 rpm
DVD Super Multi
8 in 1 card reader SD,MMC,MS,xD,Smart Media,mini SD w/ adapter,MS-Duo
2.0 Mega Pixel web camera
Network - Athero AR8131 PCI-E Ethernet / AR9285 Wireless Adapter- 802.11 b/g/n
Interface
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
Audio Built-in 2.1 channel stereo speakersEAX Advanced HD 4.0

Danielani

Danielani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Help with Atheros networks on ASUS G73 notebook

Please, help me with this laptop, I tried everything I could but still can't get the network working.
Here's some of what I've done so far, I downloaded 2 kext (Atherosfix.kext and AttansicL2Ethernet.kext 64bit) and edited their Info.plist, and added the network card device ID (Atherosfix = 168,2b and AttansicL2Ethernet = 10631969), And after I rebooted the PC, and to my amazement the cards were detected (LAN and Wireless) but my joy was very short leaved as I soon discovered that even-do the cards were detected but they were self assigned address and can not connect to the internet. In the Network property (in system preferences) their color were orange instead of green. Information on getting this laptop to run SL is very limited, so any help will be very much appreciated. My next big problem to solve will be the video card driver, but of course I'll take any help I can get anytime.
Here is my computer spec:

ASUS G73Jh
Strike in Silence

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 720QM 1.6 GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
DDR3 1066 MHz 8GB
17.3" Full HD (1920x1080)/HD+ (1600x900) Color-Shine
ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870, 1G GDDR5 VRAM
Dual SATA 1TB 7200 rpm
DVD Super Multi
8 in 1 card reader SD,MMC,MS,xD,Smart Media,mini SD w/ adapter,MS-Duo
2.0 Mega Pixel web camera
Network - Athero AR8131 PCI-E Ethernet / AR9285 Wireless Adapter- 802.11 b/g/n
Interface
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
Audio Built-in 2.1 channel stereo speakersEAX Advanced HD 4.0

I'm happy to report that my Ethernet card is working (I have access to the internet), but the wireless is still not working. If you're having the same problem and want to know how I fixed it, then read this post "Asus T101MT working Hackintosh Instructions". Thanks and good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy