5741g iAktos s3 snow leopard notes Now with voodoohda + pref pane

2stroke

49 posts in this topic

This is just some quick notes for those trying to get snow running there Acer Aspire 5741g . When i get some more time i will try to put together a guide though anyone who has experience with osx and hackintosh's will be ok.

Owners of the ATI/AMD version of the 5741g please read Remiguel's great guide in this thread, see post 56

First off i used iAktos s3 v2, start it up with busratio=16 otherwise it will crash. I already had windows 7 on and my drive portioned and just formatted the spare partition using disk utility. Anyone how once you choose the drive to install to hit customize, choose to use qoopz 10.6.3 kernel, appleps2 for mouse and keyboard, i used voodoops2 the first time but still got no trackpad scrolling and are still working on it. Unselect any sound drivers, choose the graphics enabler under patches no need for any nvidia drivers. Also choose voodoo battery and the card reader driver. This is all coming out of my head and from memory so if anything else seems missing please note in this thread till i get time to get a better guide together.

Now install iAktos s3 and upon reboot boot with busratio=16 (with busratio=16 make sure 16 is your multiplyer, my cpu is 133mhz x 16 = 2,128mhz in other words 2.13ghz which is right for my i3 330m. Now if you had a Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor (3M cache, 2.40 GHz) busratio=18 because 18x133mhz = 2,394 or 2.4gzh. ) grab a copy of kext helper and install the realtek acl272 driver attached below (voodoohda.kext is now used) . Next edit your com.apple.Boot.plist and add the line busratio=16 (again change 16 to your multiplyer if you dont have a 2.13ghz cpu) under Kernel Flags so it looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>Kernel</key>
 <string>custom</string>
 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
 <string>busratio=16</string>
 <key>Boot Graphics</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
	 <key>Quiet Boot</key>
	 <string>No</string>
	 <key>Timeout</key>
	 <string>5</string>
 <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

reboot and your right to go

current issues I'am working on

I get kernal panic on first boot, after next boot its fine

trackpad double touch and scroll bar not working

on the odd occasion the screen artifacts not often

BIG UPDATE

Please use voodoohda it works perfect, i modded the plist after much reading and learning. As always ill be working with the 5741g to work out the kinks, i'am only a noob and dont have alot of time but ill do my best for you guys working with the 5741g. Please imput to the thread as much as you can

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

VoodooHDA.prefPane_Snow.zip

what about Ethernet, WiFi and Webcam ?? were you able to activate them ?

does sleep/shutdown and restart work fine ?

does battery meter show battery status correctly ?

what about sound ? did you have all in/out ports working ?

is your graphic card GT320M ? i think it should work natively under 10.6.3/10.6.4 ??

what about Ethernet, WiFi and Webcam ?? were you able to activate them ?

does sleep/shutdown and restart work fine ?

does battery meter show battery status correctly ?

what about sound ? did you have all in/out ports working ?

is your graphic card GT320M ? i think it should work natively under 10.6.3/10.6.4 ??

Ethernet i havent checked but will do so

Wifi yes its works native but i choose the arthoes package

Webcam works native and had no issues apart from needing to brighten up

battery meter ussing voodoobattery seems to work fine

sound works fine with internal speakers though internal mic doesnt, though i think its using mic input instead. I will test this out after i hook up my headphones, the device shows so it looks good.

Yes the gt320m is though i used enable just in case. I had some issues though like americain megees alice artifected. OpenCL is availble and q/e ect working.

Resart and shutdown work fine though hiberante doesnt as i found out and are now about to do a fresh install and document better.

All usb ports work, i havent test hdmi/vga nor sd card reader.

so after all i found it..

I have also an Acer Aspire 5742G but it has an Ati Radeon HD 5470 and i dont know how to enable the Broadcom Wi fi.

Also i have the Intel i3 330 m 2x2,13 GHz processor. So how can i enable the graphic chip and how can i start mit wifi card.

btw: i have the Broadcom BCM43XNG

thx to all replies

P.S.: thx for the good work 2stroke

so after all i found it..

I have also an Acer Aspire 5742G but it has an Ati Radeon HD 5470 and i dont know how to enable the Broadcom Wi fi.

Also i have the Intel i3 330 m 2x2,13 GHz processor. So how can i enable the graphic chip and how can i start mit wifi card.

btw: i have the Broadcom BCM43XNG

thx to all replies

P.S.: thx for the good work 2stroke

Different layout here man though use the qoopz kernal and also the sound driver here should work if you have the realtek 272, just check the device if for 0272 man. I have an a Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter so i'am not sure on your broadcom. Best of luck with the ati man.

Ethernet i havent checked but will do so

Wifi yes its works native but i choose the arthoes package

Webcam works native and had no issues apart from needing to brighten up

battery meter ussing voodoobattery seems to work fine

sound works fine with internal speakers though internal mic doesnt, though i think its using mic input instead. I will test this out after i hook up my headphones, the device shows so it looks good.

Yes the gt320m is though i used enable just in case. I had some issues though like americain megees alice artifected. OpenCL is availble and q/e ect working.

Resart and shutdown work fine though hiberante doesnt as i found out and are now about to do a fresh install and document better.

All usb ports work, i havent test hdmi/vga nor sd card reader.

Wow man, it's great ...

can you tell me what is the exact model number of your notebook (Hackbook now !!) ... i ask this because acer uses different wireless chips in same model series ...

i'm looking for a 5741g but i want to buy one with most compatible parts !

what about bluetooth ? is 64-bit kernel enabled ?

and, is your wifi working as Airport Express or it uses a 3rd party app to work ?

last question -> how is battery consumption when you are using OS X on your 5741, i mean does it last longer under OS X ? haven't you noticed any overheating issue while using OS X on this laptop ?

thanks for your info :)

Wow man, it's great ...

can you tell me what is the exact model number of your notebook (Hackbook now !!) ... i ask this because acer uses different wireless chips in same model series ...

i'm looking for a 5741g but i want to buy one with most compatible parts !

what about bluetooth ? is 64-bit kernel enabled ?

and, is your wifi working as Airport Express or it uses a 3rd party app to work ?

last question -> how is battery consumption when you are using OS X on your 5741, i mean does it last longer under OS X ? haven't you noticed any overheating issue while using OS X on this laptop ?

thanks for your info :)

my acer aspire modle is 5741G-334G50Mn

no over heating from what i've experienced

mine doesnt have bluetooth

Yes the wifi is working as an airport extream, no kexts needed at all straight outta the box working with 10.6.3

Interfaces:

en0:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0xE01F)

Firmware Version: Atheros 9280: 2.1.9.8

Locale: APAC

Country Code: FR

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 b/g/n

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Wake On Wireless: Supported

The gt320m needs to have graphics enabler in com.boot.plist as well as its not a 320m but a GT

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am new to osx86 and to the forums and I really need your help guys..

I want to install osx86 in Virtualbox , my version is (iATKOS S3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Intel DVD) , my laptop is Acer Aspire 5741g ..

everything goes fine but when the installation reach 80% I get a kernel panic :

xaqqg0.jpg

my hardware is like the following :

name: aspire 5741g

windows 7 (64)

core I5

Nvidia geforce gt320m

1.3M WebCam

Broadcom 802.11n

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi 2stroke,

your Attached ALC272_AAO_D150.zip works great, but after Comboupdate 10.6.4 only in 32bit mode. If i boot up with 64bit i have no longer Sound. Is there any Solution or any other kext i can use to get 64bit working with Sound? Btw...all voodoHDA's kexts doesn't work

Will look into it i found the driver on these forums which other D150 users were using, so there great hope that the creater has fixed this. Being looking into getting voodoohda working myself by modifing it but i'am only a novice and there a ton of stuff to read, HDMI works with voodoo with the gt320m btw to but not the alc272. I myself have being getting the odd kernel panic with this driver to but haven't tested with 10.6.4 update. Try google and ALC272_AAO_D150 if you get time and see whats out there on 10.6.4, waiting badley for a voodoohda working with the codec myself.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...61499&st=20 is the thread theres a voodoohda there as well but i havent tested maybe it will work let us know thanks

On a side note i've being getting a problem where the now and again the screen freezes but the pointer still moves after about 20mins of use, this will be another issue to resolve when i get a chance and stop playing bc2 so much.

Hello everyone,

I am new to osx86 and to the forums and I really need your help guys..

I want to install osx86 in Virtualbox , my version is (iATKOS S3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Intel DVD) , my laptop is Acer Aspire 5741g ..

everything goes fine but when the installation reach 80% I get a kernel panic :

xaqqg0.jpg

my hardware is like the following :

name: aspire 5741g

windows 7 (64)

core I5

Nvidia geforce gt320m

1.3M WebCam

Broadcom 802.11n

Thank you very much.

sorry cant help much as karacho_ak said your using virtaul box, maybe try a -x or try a retail copy and use http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] inside virtualbox, last time i did somthing like that was 10.3 and vmware lol so i cant be much help.

• 3 weeks later...

Just put together a fully working voodoohda with plist edits, 2.61 which works perfect 32/64bit so enjoy heres the plist edits hdmi audio to be tuned later when i get some time. Grab the voodoohda.zip at the top of this thread :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>VoodooHDA</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>VoodooHDA</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>0.2.61</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>0.2.61</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
	<key>SoundCard</key>
	<dict>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>VoodooHDADevice</string>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x3b568086</string>
		<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
		<string>0x04030000&0xffff0000</string>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>IOUserClientClass</key>
		<string>VoodooHDAUserClient</string>
		<key>MixerValues</key>
		<dict>
			<key>iMix</key>
			<string>90</string>
		</dict>
		<key>NodesToPatch</key>
		<array/>
		<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>HDMI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x0be21de</string>
		<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
		<string>0x04030000&0xffff0000</string>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>IOUserClientClass</key>
		<string>VoodooHDAUserClient</string>
		<key>NodesToPatch</key>
		<array/>
		<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
	</dict>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>
	<string>1.1fc9</string>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
	<string>2.1</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
	<string>9.0.0</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
	<string>9.0.0</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
	<string>9.0.0</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>
	<string>9.0.0</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Oh my!

I can't thank you enough!

At last, I now have a perfectly functioning hackbook pro.

I've been searching for every possible way I could think of to get sound working and used many different combination of kexts including voodoohda.

I don't know how OP modified it, but the voodooHDA works!

Thank you, you saved my day. ;)

hello every one, ;)

first of all thanks for your contribution, :)

i'm very new on mac. i've been using linux and windows for about 12 years, i'm gonna try mac for the first time, i've searched some parts of this site, i'd be so happy if you help me in some issue,

i have An acer aspire 5741g as a notebook and a desktop with ASUS mother board P5Q, for desktop i found some patch for bios, but for notebook i just saw some for dell, not acer, i wanna ask you some question,

1.is there any bios update for 5741g? or there's no necessity ?

2.i have a DMG file with size of 6GB on my hard (Snow leopard 10.6.3)- is it ok for my 5741G?

3.will my DMG file be ok to be booted from USB from this guide ->This?

3.i want to have dual or triple boot, currently i have just windows seven x64, will this guide appropriate->This?

4. i don't know what IATKOS is?

if these questions are so primitive, forgive me, :):angel:

hi Master of Puppets,

1. afaik there is no bios update...you don't need it.

ciao karacho

hello my dear friend, dear karacho, thanks a lot for your informative response, i really appreciate your great work on answering me,

that's so great and complete,

i'll give it a try and let you know its results.

just wanna ask if i can install mac os FROM a usb instead of burning that in a double layer dvd? in this link i saw something, but you are professional and can tell me if it is possible or not

@jumbochilli: you may have a look at the lower link too...there is also a good description and guide how to setup a laptop to a hackbook pro.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...215233&st=0 :unsure:

@2stroke: as you can see in my post above -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1532750 my touchpad had worked perfect ;)

but by the reason that webcam don't worked so far and sound only worked in 32bit and my graphiccard wasn't fully supported, and not least due to the fact i own a real macbook pro i wiped macosx from my laptop and only installed win7 ultimate...(for now :D )

ciao karacho

EDIT: if anyone need help wrote here or PN me.

daul boot it man, lol got voodoohda partly for you haha. The webcam has being touch and go here as well but now since i got voodoohda going it works every time maybe that applehda was conflicting with it, also the notebook has only crashed once since i modified voodoohda to suit. I thought the ati 5000 series was now supported? I know that may not be the case with mobilty but it couldnt be that hard to mod some desktop drivers to work with.

Just some side notes i used to get voodoohda edited, this may help people it future to get sound working on other systems.

device_ids.txt is my windows hda controller id's, these are found in device manager under system devices not audio and is called Microsoft UAA HDA Audio Bus Driver, so get your device id's from that.

Now you can grab the working voodoohda from voodoohda.kext.zip and edit by reading notes on how to edit kexts how to edit.rtf don't worry about edits to make if your using my already edited voodoohda kexts at the top of this thread or in the zip with notes. Please note that you reverse the vender and device id for example

this is from windows for my hda controller Microsoft UAA HDA Audio Bus Driver Sondcard part of kext not hdmi

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B56&SUBSYS_036D1025&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D8

now it will look like this in my plist.info

0x3b568086

by they 8086 is intels vendor code and 3b56 is the device

now this is my hdmi audio its the second Microsoft UAA HDA Audio Bus Driver my 5741g had, if you have the ati card it will be different

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0BE2&SUBSYS_036D1025&REV_A1\4&2A7D5098&0&0108

this is entered as

0x0be210de

by the way again 10de is nvidia vender code and 0be2 is the hda device

heres a handy site for looking up vendor codes http://www.pcidatabase.com/ this way if you have hdmi you can work out which device goes under sound and which under hdmi, in most cases your intel controller will be sound and ati/nvidia your hdmi.

sound_osx.zip

• 2 weeks later...

hello

i finally installed mac os x snow leopard on my Acer 5741G

thanks everyone in this thread and forum.

i started working with it for a couple of hours, but when i restarted it for first time, i found out that my windows 7 boot loader had gone, i corrected that, windows 7 is completely okay now, but the problem is with mac os, it doesn't boot,

every time i got this message:

Loaded HFS+ file:[system/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist]

(i try busration=16 -v)

i searched for any suggestion, i also tried to install Mediafour MacDrive 8.0.4.10 to see if i could see my mac drive from windows to edit some kext, but the result as i expected was negative, i couldn't see my mac drive,

any suggestion?

:)

hello

i finally installed mac os x snow leopard on my Acer 5741G

thanks everyone in this thread and forum.

i started working with it for a couple of hours, but when i restarted it for first time, i found out that my windows 7 boot loader had gone, i corrected that, windows 7 is completely okay now, but the problem is with mac os, it doesn't boot,

every time i got this message:

Loaded HFS+ file:[system/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist]

(i try busration=16 -v)

i searched for any suggestion, i also tried to install Mediafour MacDrive 8.0.4.10 to see if i could see my mac drive from windows to edit some kext, but the result as i expected was negative, i couldn't see my mac drive,

any suggestion?

:unsure:

with busratio=16 make sure 16 is your multiplyer, my cpu is 133mhz x 16 = 2,128mhz in other words 2.13ghz which is right for my i3 330m. Now if you had a Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor (3M cache, 2.40 GHz) busratio=18 because 18x133mhz = 2,394 or 2.4gzh.

hello my dear amigos, specially Karacho and 2stroke,

first of all, i want to thank you for your reply

:rolleyes:

In MacOsX open the Terminal and type:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0 -> press return

give your password -> return

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage -> press return

reboot and have a look. Your above described Message should gone :-)

ciao karacho

i can't login into my mac os, at the very first screen, with that Message ("Hibernate image is too old by...") my PC hangs and everything stops,

with busratio=16 make sure 16 is your multiplyer, my cpu is 133mhz x 16 = 2,128mhz in other words 2.13ghz which is right for my i3 330m. Now if you had a Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor (3M cache, 2.40 GHz) busratio=18 because 18x133mhz = 2,394 or 2.4gzh.

it seems you right, however my cpu is core i5-430M, may be i should set busratio to 17, yes? cuz 133MHZ x 17 =2.26.

but i got the same error message when i set it to 18, ("hibernate image is too old .... ")

i installed my mac os with bus ratio 16, did it make things go wrong?

i customized mac os exactly with what you've said at the first post this time,

does it an error because a conflict between hardware drivers?

thank you all.

all the best. :)

First, hi to all and sorry for my english. Im from Spain. ;)

And congratulations for your excellence job.

Im searching for a laptop 100% compatible with snow leopard to use with xcode for programming in OSX.

I need for it a laptop compatible with QE/CI, audio and wifi.

Here in Spain, the specifications are this:

http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_aspire_5...5470_15_6_.html

http://www.pccomponentes.com/acer_aspire_5...320m_15_6_.html

But I dont know what laptop to buy ?

For installing: iatkos s3 or snow leopard retail ?

Can you help me ?

Thanks so much :)

Regards

hi seahawkwest,

there's no laptop out there which is 100% kompatible to a macbook. btw., have you read this thread from the beginning? please read the entire thread first. as you can read, mine is imho 70% kompatible with macosx because webcam, graphic (no qe/ci), wifi, sound etc. not works correct...neither out of the box nor native. you have to install many additional edited kexts (drivers) with unsatisfactory results. therefore the laptop in your 2nd link may be your first choice. and...if you have read this thread, you should know which installation source to use. ;)

ciao karacho

OK, im reading all the post. My english isnt good but using google traductor i could understand something :)

If I have understood it well, i must use:

distro: iatkos s3 v2 (but empire efi with snow leopard retail could be possible)

laptop: core i3-350M or core i5-430M

Graphic Card: Nvidia GT-320M works (i suppose including qe/ci. This is very important for me)

Audio: ALC272 works (with latest voodoohda kext)

Wifi: dont works (using external wifi usb)

touchpad: works (see link)

usb: works ok

webcam: ¿?

I am in the certain thing or not ?

qe/ci and audio is very important for use with xcode

I wanted to buy it before the weekend

Thank you for the patience with me :)

Hello Master,

my CPU is an core i5-430M too and i haven't given any Parameters at Installationtime. For my Core i5 it wasn't necessary to type the busratio string. I guess you also doesn't need it and it makes no sence after the installation has finnished. But it's important for the very first bootup that you start your Laptop from iatkos cd, wait a minute and press the F5 key and choose your MacOsX Installation with the cursorkey. Than type -v -x and than press return and start your system. The string "-v" is for verbose mode and the "-x" is for save boot. If you have finished your installation right now, it's not necessary to install it again...just boot from iatkos cd and do like i described. If your System Hangs you should see the output and post it here please.

ciao karacho

EDIT: i mean you have to boot first with empire efi boot cd, NOT from iatkos. sorry for my fault

Hello dear kracho

Thanks for your reply,

i used iAtkos DVD for the very first boot and booted from MAC OS's installed drive, but i didn't type -v and -x, i just typed again "busration=16"

if you think it's a necessity to type those one(-v & -x), so i will install another one with your setting,

If i understood it well, at first boot after installation progress, I press “F8” and after that, type something like “busratio=16 –v –x” and press “enter Key”,… that’s all? ;)

thanks dear amigo , :D

All the best

no problem...you're welcome

good luck. btw...i'm on vacation from tomorrow until mid next week, can't help then.

ciao karacho

Ok

Enjoy the vacations :censored2:

I dont know if this can use as help or not for the investigation, but searching on google i saw this post:

http://www.hack-my-mac.com/forum/21-Probl%...ACER-5741G.html

If this is spam, I will erase it.