Planning to buy Core 2 Duo (Conroe) for OSx86?

Planning to buy Core 2 Duo (Conroe) for OSx86?   

139 members have voted

1. 1. Planning to buy Core 2 Duo (Conroe) for OSx86?

• Yes
    • No

42 posts in this topic

I'd probably want to get a real mac soon not sure how soon, and a Conroe definately, but I'm going to need a Merom first

Like somebody said, if we can get Leopard going definately

Damn. I need a whole Conroe PC :D

I'm gonna see if I can get a Shuttle Conroe PC and see if Shuttle ever will imagine using Liquid Cooling

Damn. I need a whole Conroe PC :gun:

I'm gonna see if I can get a Shuttle Conroe PC and see if Shuttle ever will imagine using Liquid Cooling

I built a system in March, $300 including a D930, and now can use/learn iLIFE and FINAL CUT, Motion, however, if I where to build today, I would not budge until the desktpops come out, that way there should be more options for motherboards, specifically, the possibility of native dual display not to mention either drivers for new GPU cards OR on-board GPU that has DX10 and can be on PAR to run Apreture/Unreal = Final Cut more real time effects.

Just my few thoughts.

:)

Yes indeed!

My Only problem is I am also a Gigastudio developer/beta tester (audio program) as well as for Sony (Acid) which are both PC only. That said, I have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ invested in Sample libraries and VST Plug-ins (Virtual Instruments) and software that costs far more than any mac out there - so until the day, and I think it will happen someday, I will always have a PC until .exe can be run native on the mac with UB speeds. :(

Yes indeed!

My Only problem is I am also a Gigastudio developer/beta tester (audio program) as well as for Sony (Acid) which are both PC only. That said, I have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ invested in Sample libraries and VST Plug-ins (Virtual Instruments) and software that costs far more than any mac out there - so until the day, and I think it will happen someday, I will always have a PC until .exe can be run native on the mac with UB speeds.

Umm, have u heard of bootcamp? You can run both windows and OS X natively on a mac.

• 2 weeks later...

i plan on building a overclocked 6600 system

the 6600 is the cheapest one with 4mb cache like the xeon

the lower models only have 2mb

also you will have higher clockspeeds with the 6600

the 6300 will not be maxed out with 200mhz fsb i read

Purchased my conroe this saturday.

E6400 with Gigabyte DS3 mobo and OCZ 5400 Value pro 2x1GB at Dual Channel.

Overclocked to 3.2 (400FSB) with stock vcore 100% stable, mem runs at DDR2-800 4-5-5-12 at 2.0VDimm (1.5 times faster than FX-62)

Sweet

OSX won't install though (965 express chipset) :-(

Overclocked to 3.2 (400FSB) with stock vcore 100% stable, mem runs at DDR2-800 4-5-5-12 at 2.0VDimm (1.5 times faster than FX-62)

Sweet

How much?

Sweet

ABle to use both cores? Dual Display?

thanks