Firewire audio interfaces not working yet is class compliant !

slipstream

31 posts in this topic

I just bought a Presonus firebox which is class complant I run the latest patched 10.4.7 but the firebox is not recognised.. It has lights and the red one is on permanently which means no firewire sync.

This is suppose to work on a Intel mac and it works fine on my PPC powerbook

I am assuming it is a driver missing Ktext or whatever does anyone have any ideas on if I can get this to work. I am about at the point of going out and buying a mac mini if I cant get this dell to work ok.

PS the firewire card works ok for some stuff but I noticed the new universal Mkan driver doesnt work either just opens and immediatly closes.. maybe for the same reason ?

thanks

Don't know man. My Yamaha 01x isn't working either and it's firewire (mLan). The funny thing is that OSx86 sees my 01x (in system profiler). I can't get the auto connector to sync the pc with the 01x. Odd.

• 1 month later...

did you have your Firewire interface working on any other versions of OSX86? I ask because my metric halo 2882 would not run on any 10.4.6 install, only 10.4.5. The name of the ISO I used is something like "OSX86 10.4.5 patched 10.4.4 Myzar" - if you can find that ISO torrent I would suggest giving it a try. It might not work but if you think it's worth doing a reinstall then I would say give it a shot. I have full core audio functionality under this version.

Good Luck

:blink:

did you have your Firewire interface working on any other versions of OSX86? I ask because my metric halo 2882 would not run on any 10.4.6 install, only 10.4.5. The name of the ISO I used is something like "OSX86 10.4.5 patched 10.4.4 Myzar" - if you can find that ISO torrent I would suggest giving it a try. It might not work but if you think it's worth doing a reinstall then I would say give it a shot. I have full core audio functionality under this version.

Good Luck

:blink:

No I only had 10.4.6 and 7 not 5 or earlier.. this dell has been too flakey so i just sold it and bough a mac mini alot less hassle but hey thanks for your reply..

F$%ck!. I´ve got the same issue. I´ve got the mother, the presonus firepod and i get the same red light error. I´ve tryed loading manually some kexts but i´m really lost. I´ve noticed that if I boot the osx86 installer from cd, when Darwin loades some modules the light goes blue, so i think that we need to kextload some kextfile.

By the way, i´ve got the Osx86 10.4.7 JaS DVD installation, P4 D 3.0 GHZ,Asus P5LD2 Dx, 3 GB RAM, 2 Sata x250 GB, MSI 6600GT PCIe. Everything else work correctly (videocard running as a simply vga card with macvidia).

Can anybody help us???

F$%ck!. I´ve got the same issue. I´ve got the mother, the presonus firepod and i get the same red light error. I´ve tryed loading manually some kexts but i´m really lost. I´ve noticed that if I boot the osx86 installer from cd, when Darwin loades some modules the light goes blue, so i think that we need to kextload some kextfile.

By the way, i´ve got the Osx86 10.4.7 JaS DVD installation, P4 D 3.0 GHZ,Asus P5LD2 Dx, 3 GB RAM, 2 Sata x250 GB, MSI 6600GT PCIe. Everything else work correctly (videocard running as a simply vga card with macvidia).

Can anybody help us???

same instal as me I gave up sorry after months but then i have never done anything to do with ktext files in my life.. bets of luck it has to be something like that... someone suggested 10.4.5 worked

i have a focusrite saffire installed on 10.4.6 jas dvd, this is a firewire audio device , when i open the software to use it , it says that is not connected , but this is connected, in the contents--> hardware-->firewire...>saffire is show but is not working . is any way to make it work?

i have to copy any special file to make it work?

what can i do?

Did i miss something ? Will the soundblasterusbaudiosupportthingie help to let firewireaudiointerfaces work ? anyone with succes ?

May this be related to the firewire interface that is used or to the audiointerface ?

With this hack i was able to use my RME Firewire interface. Before just on the System Profiler and nothing more.

Mmmm, now i´m at work so I can´t test that but.... RME Fireface 800 does have its dedicated drivers at rme site. Firepod and others work with CoreAudio by applefwaudio.kext. Tecnically you only have to plug your device and the o.s. makes the rest of the thing. However i will try installing that package... but im kinda exceptic.

• 3 weeks later...
Woww my M-AUDIO SOLO firewire now works ok on my AMDckintosh :-)

Thanks men

I hope my Terratec MT-88 works someday in OSX.

Sapo

I just installed boot camp on my new 24" imac and I am trying to get my Presonus Firebox to work in Windows. The drivers installed, the system knows that it is there, but it I can not select it for I|O functions. Please help. I was really looking forward to utilizing Sonar on this machine.

Thanks

JRS

Hi there,

I'm having the same problems as you did with my saffire!!

I just purchased the Saffire interface which I (try to) use with a G4

1.25Ghz DP and Logic 7.0.

When I startup my computer the interface works properly and I can hear

music from itunes through my monitors. When I start up Logic the

connection gets lost and saffire prompts: "Firewire connection lost"

or "Failed to boot DSP properly, disconnect, wait a few seconds and

reconnect when Line LED-s are green". When I do this Logic tells me

the audio device was lost. When I try to restart logic sometimes the

computer just crashes completely or sometimes the whole thing starts

over again. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or something...!!

I updated to OSX10.4.8, I changed firewire sockets and cables and got

the latest drivers for the saffire (v2.2).

From my point of view the problem seems to be in the Logic-Saffire

connection. When I run Logic it recognizes the Saffire at the

audio-prefs window. Also audio-midisetup application is setup correct

(clock:device and sample rates 44.1).

What's the story on the soundblaster usb package. I just updated to 10.4.8 and there's no option for custom install there??

Any idea's?? Hope you can help!!

Thanks in advance, Thomas

I have, I'm waiting for their answer. I don't expect to much of it, though....I basically tried the most logical stuff, that's why I'm here; I want to hear ther insider stuff!! What's the story on this Soundblaster.usb custom install thingie??

Anyone any other ideas. Anything?

Thanks,

THomas

It should be pretty straightfoward, when you are installing OSX (i did 10.4.6 and 10.4.7) you should see a checkbox for soundblaster usb audio. Check it, and your saffire should work, you can install the saffire software from focusrite for the mixer and all the audiounits. You should also be able to load the kext if you didnt check the box during install. If you cant figure it out, contact focusrite or get a need interface as yours may be broken, but asking the same question 50 times on here probably isnt going to get you any different answers :(

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with my Beringher firewire interface which is supposed to use CoreAudio firewire without added drivers need. The unit gets power but does not show up int Sound perferences.

I used a 10.4.5 install. Can you tell me where I can get the Package to install the Sound Blaster USB? I assume that I should be able to use Pacifist to install the package..? I don't yet have a 10.4.6 install (I am trying to get the Jas 10.4.6 install).

Does the regular Apple Intel Mac installer have it (ie for MacBook?).

sg

I am using Macbook(10.4.7+10.4.8) with Firebox. I am a new bee on macs but I am totaly satisfied with my computer.

everything seems ok but I have noticed that Garageband 3 has minor latency problem with Firebox.

It is later than the onboard audio interface.

I have read some reviews and previous version of Garageband has not got same issue. So this is about GBand 3.

I have installed logic express 7.1 and there is a big problem when activate the Core Audio driver. It crashes and

you need to reinstall the program. It runs only with no audio driver selected.

Any ideas will be welcomed.

thanks