5750 success

jmacie

31 posts in this topic

Reporting that Netkas has done it again! Thanks Netkas! Followed 5770 directions from Netkas and succeeded. Don't forget to remove x3000 kext. Card is Visiontek 5750.

Can you provide a link to his instructions? I want to make sure I'm not looking at the wrong thing.

The fact about HD5750 in new iMac

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=978676

It's bad news for HD5750 PCIe cards. So, you have to add your device-id as netkas described in his blog.

Before reading the post from macrumors, I took a look at new OS X update for iMac mid 2010 and there is no device-id of 0x100268BE in ati5000contoller.kext. Now, I got it why it did not contain the device-id of HD5750 PCIe card since ati*.kext for HD5xxx series came out with new macmini mid 2010 update.

• 2 weeks later...
The fact about HD5750 in new iMac

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=978676

It's bad news for HD5750 PCIe cards. So, you have to add your device-id as netkas described in his blog.

Before reading the post from macrumors, I took a look at new OS X update for iMac mid 2010 and there is no device-id of 0x100268BE in ati5000contoller.kext. Now, I got it why it did not contain the device-id of HD5750 PCIe card since ati*.kext for HD5xxx series came out with new macmini mid 2010 update.

What does it means? what should i do then to make my gpu work?

What does it means? what should i do then to make my gpu work?

5750 works, the post is, I believe, intended to state that you cannot just put your card in and have it recognized without altering some files. There are numerous guides on 5750 install already. The mac mini 10.6.4 update has newer framebuffers. I'm not sure how much better they are, but I'm using them. 5750 is gonna be the low end of ATI cards in mac, so poster above expresses himself as informative but unclear.

If there are numerous provided, where are they located?

I've tried searching with little success, I'm still getting mostly grey screens or frozen screens showing the Apple logo and spinner......ALTHOUGH......I'm still getting the POP sound when I change the volume, so it seems that the video is having trouble loading but the Hackintosh is sitting there pretty waiting to be used.

I can see my Hackintosh desktop from my "Real" Macbook Pro via Screen Share, using that I can delete kexts if I have to and get back my desktop again, but only be able to view a crummy 1024x768.

If there are numerous provided, where are they located?

I've tried searching with little success, I'm still getting mostly grey screens or frozen screens showing the Apple logo and spinner......ALTHOUGH......I'm still getting the POP sound when I change the volume, so it seems that the video is having trouble loading but the Hackintosh is sitting there pretty waiting to be used.

I can see my Hackintosh desktop from my "Real" Macbook Pro via Screen Share, using that I can delete kexts if I have to and get back my desktop again, but only be able to view a crummy 1024x768.

""

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...20&start=20

http://snipurl.com/10arkt

""

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=226145

http://snipurl.com/10arn4

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4307

Thanks jmacie, very much appreciated, I'll give them a try and hope I get some better results.

I'd like to see pictures and sound on this Hackintosh instead of just sound.

Has anyone else had similar results where they can still hear system sounds and whatnot, but no image?

Good thing I had a real Mac to do some Screen Sharing, helped a lot with at least getting some control over the Hackintosh.

Wooohooo jmacie! Thanks! one of those Tutorials did the trick, I now have full resolution and it's working on 2 monitors right now.

Next step.....get it working on my 3rd monitor. Currently I have video coming out of the DisplayPort on my video card, and one of the DVI ports, but the other DVI isn't putting out any video yet.

The ports are laid out very much like this one below - I do have the settings set to ATY,VERVET at the moment.

1261693625_LmyO49.jpg

Wooohoo again, I wanted to report another success!!!

Managed to get all 3 monitors running at 1080!!

You have to edit the ATY_init.kext and where it shows the fields starting below (which provides 2 screens by default)

<key>@0,compatible</key>
<string>ATY,Vervet</string>
<key>@0,connector-type</key>
<string>0x00000400</string>
<key>@0,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@0,display-type</key>
<string>0x454e4f4e</string>
<key>@0,name</key>
<key>@1,compatible</key>
<key>@1,connector-type</key>
<string>0x00000004</string>
<key>@1,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@1,display-type</key>
<key>@1,name</key>

Then add this below and bamn, 3 screens!

<key>@2,compatible</key>
<key>@2,connector-type</key>
<string>0x00000004</string>
<key>@2,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@2,display-type</key>
<key>@2,name</key>

Reboot and Toast to success hopefully!

And here's mine and the desktop capture result :D

post-242216-1281496409_thumb.png

post-242216-1281496589_thumb.png

Believe us! It can be done!!

For a 3rd Screen, you're gonna need a card like the one I pictured earlier in this topic, and the Display Port adapter.

I've got my 3 screens all running random wallpapers every 5 seconds, all out of sync, so they're all different.

I HIGHLY Recommend you get the HP VGA DisplayPort Adapter (AS615AA).

HP_AS615AA(HCO0189).jpg

It works for my Hackintosh to allow 3 screens, and works perfect for Eyefinity mode in Winblows.

Most DVI Display Port adapters won't work because they're passive, and you need an active one and they cost about around $100 or more. I've experienced no loss of quality running the VGA adapter at 1080.

I got mine for around the $30 range, just look high and low and get a good price.

Now I have a big beefy brother to play with my Macbook Pro and my Mac Mini :)

It's a HD5750 (which from what I've read was a wee bit more tricky to get working).

For me, the best piece of info that jmacie gave me was a link that lead to another post on this forum which refers to a GoogleDocs page --> https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8c6FQ...4MDEy&hl=en

Following those instructions are exactly what I needed to get past the "Pain in the arse" threshold and get my screens finally working.

If you have the means to "Screen Share" from a real Mac or another Hackintosh, it might help you to see your screens if you're getting a big "Grey" screen or something.

For me, I was getting that, but I can still hear sounds when I hit the volume button on my keyboard (I've got a real Mac Aluminium keyboard hooked up to my Hackintosh which gives me full Mac functionality).

Hehe, those 5700, 5800, 5900 series cards usually come with a fair few video ports on them, just make sure to ask them if you can take it out of the box before you purchase a new card.

The one that makes me drool is the Eyefinity 5 and Eyefinity 6 (5870) cards, they come with 5 or 6 Mini-DP ports on them

powercolor.jpg

radeon-5870-eyefinity6,I-2-243002-13.jpg

If you tweak the settings I pasted above, you could end up with a 5 or 6 screen Hackintosh, now that is the epic aw3s0menSS 8)

Hi!

Have tried to get my XFX HD 5750 512 mb work on my Hackintosh for a month now.

now ive decided to reward the person who help me to get it fully working.

The reward is a Steam Account with the following games:

Counter Strike Source

Half life 2

Half life 2 Deathmatch

Halflife Source

Halflife detahmatch Source

Halflife 2 Lost Coast

The reward is only for the one tht really get it to work. First come, first served

Many many thanks

// Erik

You can contact me via email if you want to: eriikn@live.se

Hehe, those 5700, 5800, 5900 series cards usually come with a fair few video ports on them, just make sure to ask them if you can take it out of the box before you purchase a new card.

The one that makes me drool is the Eyefinity 5 and Eyefinity 6 (5870) cards, they come with 5 or 6 Mini-DP ports on them

I've just put Eyefinity 5 (with 5 MDPs) 5770 into my (real) MacPro with 10.6.4 - no luck. Not even a startup screen. Official 5770 "upgrade kit" from Apple will arrive only in 6 weeks ;)

But this package (pictured in the quoted post) has indeed 5 cables in the box: 3 MDP - DP, 2 MDP - DVI. Black, though :wacko: