• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

kyteflyer

kyteflyer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I haven't delved inside my 1001HA but I am wondering if someone out there who has, can tell me if a mini PCI-e is OK or if its essential to buy the half height mini PCI-e?

I'm currently looking at the following, on ebay AU
1) Half height Dell:
2) Full height Apple Airport
3) Half height Intel

They seem to do a/b/g and n, except the Dell which does a/g/n. No matter, its all good. I'm just concerned about the size. There seems to be a significant difference in the size and I'd be really p'd off if I bought a full height only to discover it wouldnt fit the slot.

inimicus

inimicus

Drunk and Angry Slurs in 31 Flavors

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

I'd be really p'd off if I bought a full height only to discover it wouldnt fit the slot.

That's what I did.  I bought an Apple AirPort Extreme card that was full height and didn't realize until I cracked my 1005HAB open that it required a half-height.  I muttered a few French words and broke off a plastic retaining tab so it'd fit and taped it in place.  Works like a champ.

So... research which size first.  But go with the Dell 1510 or Apple card depending on size.

P.S.: If it does 802.11G, it'll do B.  Both are 2.4GHz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy