• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

bpeugh

bpeugh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Is yours the SLI model then? It looks nice but I was trying to make a cheap box. That and I want onboard video right now as paying for a $160 video card is a bit much. Waiting until the quad processor chips come out early next year. I want to work in OSX with SATA. Only had to edit for the audio which wasn't too bad and to disble the beam sych and enable quarrtz 2d extreme. Get about 103 on xbench which is a jump from 70.

Had to set mine to 162/3.23GHz. Still hitting around 46C which is fine but I don't think the board can take more because 165/3.29GHz tends to wig it out a bit. Once I put DRAM Frequency back to auto it actually recognized the ram as PC5300 which is nice. Put the PCI Clock Synch back to default and put the CPU Vcore voltage to auto. Seems to be working fine and all so that is good.

Chip was $101 new, board $56 refurb, psu was $25, case and SATAs were $50 used, traded for the RAM, Fan was $54, Pioneer 111D was $37 and had some arctic silver, floppy, cables and a firewire card left over. Not bad for $323. Sure beats $865 for a Duo Core Mini and puts about 35 points on Xbench above it. And is cheap to upgrade. Can edit video, play some games, rip DVDs, and still left me enough over to afford a 17" LCD for still under $500.

Righteous

gazasaurusu

gazasaurusu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
What Xbench do you get? I just undid my overclocking to see what I would get, went down from 118 to 85, wasn't expecting such a drop.

bpeugh

bpeugh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Actually went down to 3.16GHz because it would choke every so often on something. I think my Xbench dropped from 103 to 102. Also dropped the temps so that running it all night encoding video only put it at about 43C.

dubhead

dubhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I had almost the same setup just with a P5LD2-V motherboard. And my overclocking ended at FSB 164. Was not what i wanted from it so i returned it right away. Put my old P4 521 2.8ghz CPU back inn and could Overclock it to 3.8 easely. Score comes to also 103 with a single CPU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy