Chameleon RC5 mode with mem detection enabled and automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment

kozlek

1,214 posts in this topic

Thanks MaLd0n - ChameleonRC5_rev459b.zip does the job. I have just tested it and can happily dual boot Windows 7 and OS X from Chameleon with both OS's sleeping and hibernating fine :)

Would you and iFabio maybe work together to keep to one installer style? as to be honest, I prefer iFabio's more complete installer and he's worked on language translations etc.

Thanks MaLd0n - ChameleonRC5_rev459b.zip does the job. I have just tested it and can happily dual boot Windows 7 and OS X from Chameleon with both OS's sleeping and hibernating fine :D

Would you and iFabio maybe work together to keep to one installer style? as to be honest, I prefer iFabio's more complete installer and he's worked on language translations etc.

Hi.

I do some "test" to put the two things togheder...

Here the portuguese project I made, need translation for License.rtf and Description.html the rest is already "translated" I hope...

Fabio

Ciao Fabio,

I translated Description.html into brazilian portuguese. I have doubt about what "resuming your Mac OS X with a preview image" means.

O Chameleon é um boot loader que combina vários componentes.

Ele é baseado na implementação de fake EFI feita por David Elliott, adicionada ao projeto boot-132 da Apple.

O Chameleon é extendido com as seguintes características chave:

Novos recursos no Chameleon 2.0

- Interface gráfica (GUI) totalmente personalizável para trazer algumas cores ao Bootloader Darwin.

- Inicializa DVDs retail lendo uma imagem ramdisk diretamente, sem ajuda de nenhum programa adicional.

- Hibernação. Aproveite continuar o seu Mac OS X com uma amostra de imagem.

- Substituição de SMBIOS para modificar os valores de fábrica.

- Substituição de DSDT para usar uma DSDT modificada que pode resolver diversos problemas.

- Injeção de propriedades de dispositivo através do string device-properties.

- boot0 / boot1h híbridos para discos particionados em MBR e GPT.

- Detecção automática de FSB mesmo para processadores AMD recentes.

- Suporte a Software RAID da Apple.

Para informações detalhadas, visite: [invalid link?]

In Welcome.rtfd, "Agradecimentos a" would be a better translation to "Thanks to" instead of "Graças a".

rev 459 TEST

I hope works

Credits to MaLd0n for the 2 scripts (perl).

PLS I need feedback.

Fabio

Great job.. testing now :D

I have doubt about what "resuming your Mac OS X with a preview image" means.

I think it refers to the ghosted screen image Chameleon draws when resuming OS X from hibernation.

rev 459 TEST

I hope works

Credits to MaLd0n for the 2 scripts (perl).

PLS I need feedback.

Fabio

iFabio

the perl script was written by el_coniglio, I just modified it to use boot0hfs and don't change the active partition.

the first one also activates the selected target partition. :)

loveapple2117454552imag.gif

There is no english text in the license file, can you attach it?

Cheers.

Hi with this I think is complete...

In the original content is present also the localizable.strings file but now... if we build the package that file is "obsolete"

Fabio

Hi with this I think is complete...

In the original content is present also the localizable.strings file but now... if we build the package that file is "obsolete"

Fabio

I guess you have to send me the localizable.strings file, License.rtf is still empty in the last attachment.

PORTUGUESE

EA0401
Rev. 4/1/09

I guess you have to send me the localizable.strings file, License.rtf is still empty in the last attachment.

PORTUGUESE

EA0401
Rev. 4/1/09

:) the License is OK all the license file for different localization are so "simple"

different things for the Localizable.strings that file is used when the package builder "build" and blend togheder the file,

and associate it with a submenu(description) for the chameleon option

I post here 3 example

English

Italian

Spanish

[size=1]// General
"Chameleon_title" = "Chameleon";

"Standard_title" = "Chameleon Standard";
"Standard_description" = "Install Chameleon";

"EnhancedFAT_title" = "Chameleon EFI FAT";
"EnhancedFAT_description" = "Install Chameleon to EFI System partition FAT32 (Original)";

"EnhancedHFS_title" = "Chameleon EFI HFS";
"EnhancedHFS_description" = "Install Chameleon to EFI System partition HFS (Reformatted if not already HFS)";

// Options
"Options_title" = "Options";
"Options_description" = "Set default options";

"GUI_title" = "GUI";
"GUI_description" = "Disable the graphic interface, add GUI=n to com.apple.Boot.plist";

"EthernetBuiltIn_title" = "EthernetBuiltIn";
"EthernetBuiltIn_description" = "Add EthernetBuiltIn=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option will add 'built-in' to your ethernet devices.";

"ForceHPET_title" = "ForceHPET";
"ForceHPET_description" = "Add ForceHPET=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option enables HPET on intel chipsets, for bioses that dont include the option.";

"ForceWake_title" = "ForceWake";
"ForceWake_description" = "Add ForceWake=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option enables you to bypass bad sleep images.";

"EHCIacquire_title" = "EHCIacquire";
"EHCIacquire_description" = "Add EHCIacquire=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option fixes any EHCI ownership issues due to bad bioses.";

"UHCIreset_title" = "UHCIreset";
"UHCIreset_description" = "Add UHCIreset=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option will reset UHCI controllers before starting OS X.";

"GraphicsEnabler_title" = "GraphicsEnabler";
"GraphicsEnabler_description" = "Add GraphicsEnabler=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option will autodetect NVIDIA based GPUs and inject the correct info.";

// Themes
"Themes_title" = "Themes";
"Themes_description" = "A collection of sample themes";

"Default_title" = "Standard";
"Default_description" = "The theme thats embedded inside the booter, included here for you to customise.";

"Big_title" = "Big";
"Big_description" = "A theme with a large layout for you lucky people with big monitors";

"Twilight_title" = "Twilight";
"Twilight_description" = "A simple theme for the Twilight fans out there";

"Pinktink_title" = "PinkTink";
"Pinktink_description" = "A simple theme with a pink background and Tinkerbell";

"Msi_netbook_title" = "MSi Netbook";
"Msi_netbook_description" = "A simple MSi boot logo for your MSi netbook =)";

"Bullet_title" = "Bullet";
"Bullet_description" = "The Bullet theme by NoSmokingBandit";

// Extras
"Extras_title" = "Extras";
"Extras_description" = "A collection of useful addons";

"SMBios_title" = "SMBIOS Override";
"SMBios_description" = "Install default SMBIOS overrides smbios.plist into Extra";

// Kexts
"Kexts_title" = "Kexts";
"Kexts_description" = "A collection of useful plist only kexts compatible with Extra";

"AHCIPortInjector_title" = "AHCIPort";
"AHCIPortInjector_description" = "Add AHCI support for Intel Southbridge chipsets ICH6 - ICH10, JMicron JMB383";

"IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_title" = "IOAHCIBlockStorage";
"IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_description" = "";

"ATAPortInjector_title" = "IntelPIIXATA";
"ATAPortInjector_description" = "Add ATA support for Intel Southbridge chipsets ICH6 - ICH10";

"JMicronATAInjector_title" = "JMicronATA";
"JMicronATAInjector_description" = "Add  JMIcronATA support for Intel chipset";

"Disabler_title" = "Disabler";
"Disabler_description" = "Disable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.";

// Error strings
"ERROR_BOOTVOL" = "This software must be installed on the startup volume.";
"ERROR_INSTALL" = "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update.";

"Newer_Package_Installed_message" = "A newer version of Chameleon is already installed";
"Intel_Mac_message" = "This software cannot be installed on this computer.";
[/size]

[size=1]// General
"Chameleon_title" = "Chameleon";

"Standard_title" = "Chameleon Standard";
"Standard_description" = "Installare Chameleon";

"EnhancedFAT_title" = "Chameleon EFI FAT";
"EnhancedFAT_description" = "Installare Chameleon nella partizione di sistema EFI FAT32 (Originale)";

"EnhancedHFS_title" = "Chameleon EFI HFS";
"EnhancedHFS_description" = "Installare Chameleon nella partizione di sistema EFI HFS (Consigliato se non è già HFS)";

// Options
"Options_title" = "Opzioni";
"Options_description" = "Setta opzioni predefinite";

"GUI_title" = "GUI";
"GUI_description" = "Disabilita l'interfaccia grafica, aggiunge GUI=n al com.apple.Boot.plist";

"EthernetBuiltIn_description" = "Aggiunge EthernetBuiltIn=y al com.apple.Boot.plist, Questa opzione aggiungerà 'built-in' alle periferice di rete.";

"ForceHPET_description" = "Aggiunge ForceHPET=y al com.apple.Boot.plist, Questa opzione abilita l'HPET sui chipset Intel, per BIOS che non includono questa opzione.";

"ForceWake_description" = "Aggiunge ForceWake=y al com.apple.Boot.plist, Questa opzione abilita la possibilità di evitare errate sleep images.";

"EHCIacquire_title" = "EHCIacquire";
"EHCIacquire_description" = "Aggiunge EHCIacquire=y al com.apple.Boot.plist, Questa opzione sistema eventuali proprietà legati all'EHCI in alcuni BIOS.";

"UHCIreset_description" = "Aggiunge UHCIreset=y al com.apple.Boot.plist, Questa opzione resetterà i controller UHCI prima dell'avvio di OS X.";

"GraphicsEnabler_description" = "Aggiunge GraphicsEnabler=y al com.apple.Boot.plist, Questa opzione abilita il riconoscimento automatico delle schede grafiche iniettanto le informazioni corrette.";

// Themes
"Themes_title" = "Themes";
"Themes_description" = "Una raccolta di temi campione";

"Default_title" = "Standard";
"Default_description" = "Il tema standard usato dal bootloader, aggiunto qui per essere personalizzato.";

"Big_title" = "Big";
"Big_description" = "Un tema dal layout grande, per i fortunati possessori di schermi grandi";

"Twilight_title" = "Twilight";
"Twilight_description" = "Un semplice tema per i fan di Twilight";

"Pinktink_description" = "Un semplice tema con sfondo rosa e Tinkerbell";

"Msi_netbook_description" = "Un semplice tema con il logo MSi per i netbook MSi =)";

"Bullet_description" = "Un tema The Bullet by NoSmokingBandit";

// Extras
"Extras_description" = "Una collezione di strumenti aggiuntivi";

"SMBios_title" = "SMBIOS Override";
"SMBios_description" = "Abilita la sovrascrittura dell'SMBIOS di default con l'smbios.plist presente in Extra";

// Kexts
"Kexts_title" = "Kexts";
"Kexts_description" = "Una collezione di utili dummy kexts compatibili con Extra";

"AHCIPortInjector_title" = "AHCIPort";
"AHCIPortInjector_description" = "Aggiunge supporto AHCI per i Southbridge Intel ICH6 - ICH10, JMicron JMB383";

"ATAPortInjector_description" = "Aggiunge supporto ATA per i Southbridge Intel ICH6 - ICH10";

"JMicronATAInjector_description" = "Add  JMIcronATA support for Intel chipset";

"Disabler_description" = "Disabilita l'AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.";

// Error strings
"ERROR_BOOTVOL" = "Questo software deve essere installato sul volume di avvio.";
"ERROR_INSTALL" = "Questo volume non risponde ai requisiti per questo aggiornamento.";

"Newer_Package_Installed_message" = "A newer version of Chameleon is already installed";
"Intel_Mac_message" = "This software cannot be installed on this computer.";
[/size]

[size=1]// General
"Chameleon_title" = "Camaleón";

"Standard_title" = "Camaleón estandar";
"Standard_description" = "Instalar Camaleón";

"EnhancedFAT_title" = "Camaleón EFI FAT";
"EnhancedFAT_description" = "Instalar Camaleón al Sistema EFI division FAT32 (Original)";

"EnhancedHFS_title" = "Camaleón EFI HFS";
"EnhancedHFS_description" = "Instalar Camaleón al Sistema EFI division HFS (Reformateado)";

// Options
"Options_title" = "Opciones";
"Options_description" = "Configurar opciones por defecto";

"GUI_title" = "GUI";
"GUI_description" = "Desactivar la interfaz grafica, agregar GUI=n a com.apple.Boot.plist";

"EthernetBuiltIn_description" = "Add EthernetBuiltIn=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option will add 'built-in' to your ethernet devices.";

"ForceHPET_description" = "Add ForceHPET=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option enables HPET on intel chipsets, for bioses that dont include the option.";

"ForceWake_description" = "Force Wake, agregar ForceWake=y a com.apple.Boot.plist, This option enables you to bypass bad sleep images.";

"EHCIacquire_title" = "EHCIadquirir";
"EHCIacquire_description" = "Add EHCIacquire=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option fixes any EHCI ownership issues due to bad bioses.";

"UHCIreset_description" = "Add UHCIreset=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option will reset UHCI controllers before starting OS X.";

"GraphicsEnabler_description" = "Add GraphicsEnabler=y to com.apple.Boot.plist, This option will autodetect NVIDIA based GPUs and inject the correct info.";

// Themes
"Themes_title" = "Temas";
"Themes_description" = "Una colección de Temas de muestra";

"Default_title" = "Estandar";
"Default_description" = "El tema estandar del booter, incluido aqui para ser personalizado";

"Big_title" = "Grande";
"Big_description" = "Un tema grande para la gente con suerte de monitores grandes";

"Twilight_title" = "Crepusculo";
"Twilight_description" = "Un tema de muestra para todo los fans de Crepusculo";

"Pinktink_description" = "Un tema de muestra con el fondo rosa y Tinkerbell";

"Msi_netbook_description" = "Tema de muestra de MSi boot logo para tu notebook =)";

"Bullet_description" = "El tema Bullet de Nosmokingbandit";

// Extras
"Extras_description" = "Una coleccion de adicionales útiles";

"SMBios_title" = "Anulacion de SMBIOS";
"SMBios_description" = "Instalar la anulacion de SMBIOS por defecto smbios.plist en Extra";

// Kexts
"Kexts_title" = "Kexts";
"Kexts_description" = "Una coleccion de ùtiles plist solo kexts compatibles con Extra";

"AHCIPortInjector_title" = "AHCIPuerto";
"AHCIPortInjector_description" = "Agregar Ayuda AHCI para los chipsets Intel Southbridge ICH6 - ICH10, JMicron JMB383";

"ATAPortInjector_description" = "Agregar Ayuda ATA para los chipsets Intel Southbridge ICH6 - ICH10";

"JMicronATAInjector_description" = "Agregar Ayuda JMIcronATA para los chipsets Intel";

"Disabler_description" = "Disable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.";

// Error strings
"ERROR_BOOTVOL" = "Este software debe ser instalado en el volumen por defecto.";
"ERROR_INSTALL" = "Este volumen no junta los requerimientos necesarios para esta actualizacion ";

"Newer_Package_Installed_message" = "Una nueva version de Camaleón ya ha sido instalada.";
"Intel_Mac_message" = "Este software no puede ser instalado.";
[/size]

here the English Localizable.strings to translate and put inside the Portoguese dir

I hope this help

Fabio

rev 459 TEST

I hope works

Credits to MaLd0n for (adapt) the 2 scripts provided by el_coniglio.

PLS I need feedback.

Fabio

Hi,

I've installed this one on a machine where i've been using RC5 pre8 (Dr Hurt's installer) and it messed up my Hardware UUID.

Tried removing PlatformUUID.kext and rebuilding the caches, added the right UUID in the boot.plist, but nothing helps to get my previous UUID.

Check this out:

screenshot20100901at012.png

System profiler shows my new UUID, and the boot.plist shows my previous UUID that i want to get back.

Is there anything else i can do to get it back? Am i doing something wrong?

my system specs:

Hardware
Asus P5K-E
Q6600
9500GT

Software
Retail 10.6.3
fakesmc.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext

bdmesg:

Last login: Wed Sep  1 01:32:04 on console
/Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
xs-Mac-Pro:~ x$ /Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
msr(221): ia32_perf_stat 0x06000927
max: 9 current: 9
CPU: Vendor/Model/ExtModel: 0x756e6547/0xf/0x0
CPU: Family/ExtFamily:      0x6/0x0
CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef:      0x9/0x9
CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv:        0x0/0x0
CPU: TSCFreq:               2400MHz
CPU: FSBFreq:               266MHz
CPU: CPUFreq:               2400MHz
CPU: NoCores/NoThreads:     4/4
CPU: Features:              0x0000024f
Attempting to read GPT
Read GPT
Reading GPT partition 1, type C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
Reading GPT partition 2, type 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
Reading GPT partition 3, type EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 786 bytes.
Scanning device 80...Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 786 bytes.
Setting boot-uuid to: BD026AF2-ED4D-3462-B97C-383772F421AC
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.6
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 7442126 bytes.
LoadDrivers: Loading from [/Extra/Extensions.mkext]
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 31955 bytes.
LoadDrivers: Loading from [/system/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext]
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext] 4982112 bytes.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 512MB NV96 [10de:0640] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
LAN Controller [11ab:4364] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Setting up lan keys
No SMBIOS replacement found.
Intel P35/G33 DRAM Controller [8086:29c0] at 00:00.0
Frequency detected: 400 MHz (800) Single Channel 5-5-5-18
Slot: 0 Type 19 2048MB (DDR2 SDRAM) 800MHz Vendor=Mushkin
     PartNo=996599es SerialNo=00000000
CPU is Intel® Core(tm)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz, family 0x6, model 0xf
Patched DMI Table
Customizing SystemID with : 00000000-0000-1000-8000-00146c8ecd91
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/dsdt.aml] 36978 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Starting Darwin x86

logout

[Process completed]

Also, here's some other changes i have noticed that may interest you:

0. My Q6600 appears as Quad Core Xeon 2.4Ghz instead of 2.43

1. The Mac Model has changed from MacPro 2.1 to 3.1 (i'm not using any smbios.plist)

2. The graphics card shows the right ROM version instead of xx.xx.xx as it was earlier.

3. Network card doesn't appears in the PCI Cards section in System Profiler anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Are there sone changes in the later chamelon pkg (V 458) ?

I now have boot0 Error - never had since 1 year. (No fear: its on an second test disk, Win7 part 0, OS X part 1 (selected to install chameleon on)

Must be some problem with fdisk and setting the selected volume active. (fdisk flag 1 ?)

Does V 459 also activate (flag) the selected volume / whats the diff to the boothfs (459b) version ?

Thanks

By the way, i know that there is some newer (fdisk 448byte Vista/Win7 friedly) version (zef) . Does the installer uses /installs that ?

Well done!

now we only need some from voodoo team add this file to the resources..

Final full translated Portuguese

/package/Resources/Portuguese.lproj/Conclusion.rtfd

/package/Resources/Portuguese.lproj/Description.html

/package/Resources/Portuguese.lproj/License.rtf

/package/Resources/Portuguese.lproj/Localizable.strings

/package/Resources/Portuguese.lproj/Welcome.rtfd

Fabio

I now have boot0 Error - never had since 1 year. (No fear: its on an second test disk, Win7 part 0, OS X part 1 (selected to install chameleon on)

Must be some problem with fdisk and setting the selected volume active. (fdisk flag 1 ?)

Does V 459 also activate (flag) the selected volume / whats the diff to the boothfs (459b) version ?

Thanks

By the way, i know that there is some newer (fdisk 448byte Vista/Win7 friedly) version (zef) . Does the installer uses /installs that ?

This is the perl script used in Maldon's packages (el coniglio wrote it)

#!/usr/bin/perl

$destino = $ARGV[1];
$destino =~ s/ /\\ /g;
$volume = $ARGV[2];
my %mapa;

open (MOUNT, "mount|");
while (<MOUNT>) {
chomp;
$line = $_;
if ($line =~ /^([^ ]+) on ([^(]+) \([^)]*\)$/) {
	$mapa{$2}=$1;
}
}
close (MOUNT);

if ($mapa{$volume}) {
if ($mapa{$volume} =~ /^\/dev\/(disk\d)s(\d)$/) {
	$disk = $1;
	$partition = $2;
	$volume =~ s/ /\\ /g;
	system ($destino."/fdisk440 -f ".$destino."/boot0 -u -y /dev/r".$disk);
	system ("dd if=".$destino."/boot1h of=/dev/r".$disk."s".$partition);
	system ("cp ".$destino."/boot ".$volume);
	open (PIPE, "|fdisk -e /dev/".$disk."|");
	print PIPE "f ".$partition."\n";
	print PIPE "write\n";
	print PIPE "y\n";
	print PIPE "exit\n";
}
}

It needs fdisk440 installed in /usr/standalone/i386

And this is for boot0hfs (modified by Maldon)

#!/usr/bin/perl

$destino = $ARGV[1];
$destino =~ s/ /\\ /g;
$volume = $ARGV[2];
my %mapa;

open (MOUNT, "mount|");
while (<MOUNT>) {
chomp;
$line = $_;
	$mapa{$2}=$1;
}
}
close (MOUNT);

if ($mapa{$volume}) {
	$disk = $1;
	$partition = $2;
	$volume =~ s/ /\\ /g;
	system ($destino."/fdisk440 -f ".$destino."/boot0hfs -u -y /dev/r".$disk);
	system ("dd if=".$destino."/boot1h of=/dev/r".$disk."s".$partition);
	system ("cp ".$destino."/boot ".$volume);
}
}

It writes boot0hfs to MBR instead of boot0, and does NOT activate the selected partition.

Thanks

Hi!

The fdisk I use in the package is the fdisk440 (40,8 KB or 41.752 byte) I just rename it in fdisk

for the scripts...

As I say before "I hope works" (The 2 scripts are the same used in the MaLd0n package)

I post the two script here.

boot0

[size=1]#!/usr/bin/perl

$percorso = $ARGV[1];
$percorso =~ s/ /\\ /g;
$volume = $ARGV[2];
my %mapa;

open (MOUNT, "mount|");
while (<MOUNT>) {
chomp;
$line = $_;
	$mapa{$2}=$1;
}
}
close (MOUNT);

if ($mapa{$volume}) {
	$disk = $1;
	$partition = $2;
	$volume =~ s/ /\\ /g;
	system ($percorso."/fdisk -f ".$percorso."/boot0 -u -y /dev/r".$disk);
	system ("dd if=".$percorso."/boot1h of=/dev/r".$disk."s".$partition);
	system ("cp ".$percorso."/boot ".$volume);
	open (PIPE, "|fdisk -e /dev/".$disk."|");
	print PIPE "f ".$partition."\n";
	print PIPE "write\n";
	print PIPE "y\n";
	print PIPE "exit\n";
}
}[/size]

boot0htfs

[size=1]#!/usr/bin/perl

$percorso = $ARGV[1];
$percorso =~ s/ /\\ /g;
$volume = $ARGV[2];
my %mapa;

open (MOUNT, "mount|");
while (<MOUNT>) {
chomp;
$line = $_;
	$mapa{$2}=$1;
}
}
close (MOUNT);

if ($mapa{$volume}) {
	$disk = $1;
	$partition = $2;
	$volume =~ s/ /\\ /g;
	system ($percorso."/fdisk -f ".$percorso."/boot0hfs -u -y /dev/r".$disk);
	system ("dd if=".$percorso."/boot1h of=/dev/r".$disk."s".$partition);
	system ("cp ".$percorso."/boot ".$volume);
}
}
[/size]

Fabio

I have MBR HD ( not GUID/EFI type). So default is boot0 (used in V459) ?

Thanks

yep the boot0 is used by default.

I just make the doble option inside the "Chameleon Bootloader" to switch between boot0 and boot0hfts... but need "deselect" the first one (boot0) no idea how manage (apps package builder) one for autodeselect the other ... :o

here other package to test. rev462 (trunk 454)

I correct the position of the second scripts

Add the new full portuguese localization ;)

Fabio

I have MBR HD ( not GUID/EFI type). So default is boot0 (used in V459) ?

Thanks

you can safely keep using boot0, the script should activate the selected partition. I haven't tested if boot0hfs works with MBR yet.

maybe it's just for hybrid MBR (GPT with a FAT partition created by DU)

Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r463

ChameleonRC5_rev463.zip

Still has the same problem, the following key doesn't shows the right Hardware UUID in System Profiler:

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-00146C8ECD91</string>

Here's the result:

screenshot20100901at061.png

bdmesg:

Last login: Wed Sep  1 05:56:07 on console
/Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
xs-Mac-Pro:~ x$ /Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
msr(221): ia32_perf_stat 0x06000927
max: 9 current: 9
CPU: Vendor/Model/ExtModel: 0x756e6547/0xf/0x0
CPU: Family/ExtFamily:      0x6/0x0
CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef:      0x9/0x9
CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv:        0x0/0x0
CPU: TSCFreq:               2400MHz
CPU: FSBFreq:               266MHz
CPU: CPUFreq:               2400MHz
CPU: NoCores/NoThreads:     4/4
CPU: Features:              0x0000024f
Attempting to read GPT
Read GPT
Reading GPT partition 1, type C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
Reading GPT partition 2, type 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
Reading GPT partition 3, type EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 786 bytes.
Scanning device 80...Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 786 bytes.
Setting boot-uuid to: BD026AF2-ED4D-3462-B97C-383772F421AC
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.6
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 7442126 bytes.
LoadDrivers: Loading from [/Extra/Extensions.mkext]
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 31955 bytes.
LoadDrivers: Loading from [/system/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext]
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext] 4982112 bytes.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 512MB NV96 [10de:0640] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
LAN Controller [11ab:4364] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Setting up lan keys
No SMBIOS replacement found.
Intel P35/G33 DRAM Controller [8086:29c0] at 00:00.0
Frequency detected: 400 MHz (800) Single Channel 5-5-5-18
Slot: 0 Type 19 2048MB (DDR2 SDRAM) 800MHz Vendor=Mushkin
     PartNo=996599es SerialNo=00000000
CPU is Intel® Core(tm)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz, family 0x6, model 0xf
Patched DMI Table
Customizing SystemID with : 00000000-0000-1000-8000-00146c8ecd91
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/dsdt.aml] 36978 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
Starting Darwin x86

logout

[Process completed]

Still has the same problem, the following key doesn't shows the right Hardware UUID in System Profiler

That's how the override works. The Hardware ID you see in System Profiler is "generated" from the SystemID you put in com.apple.Boot.plist because it's not possible to inject the Hardware ID directly at the time when Chameleon works its magic. Rekursor explained this when he first implemented it, I'll try to find the thread.

Edit - found it:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1359776

Rek explains some more (after a big confusion on page 3)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1368325

If you don't override the Hardware ID via com.apple.Boot.plist, it is generated automatically from an UUID in your motherboard BIOS. the code comes from AsereBLN: "Platform UUID is taken from the BIOS (UUID from SMBIOS Table 1). You can remove PlatformUUID.kext, SMUUID from smbios.plist and also System-ID from com.apple.Boot.plist." Link: http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=644

If your PCIRoot is 0 then you don't have to override it in com.apple.Boot.plist, 0 is the Chameleon default. You can safely delete that line.

Your Core 2 Quad appearing as Xeon is intended behavior. Apple never shipped a system with a Core 2 Quad, the Xeon is the closest match.