[Tutorial] AMD 10.6.8 Retail Snow Leopard Guide!

sirbow2

298 posts in this topic

OMG :D

sudo -s

Need to type password for this command. this commands givers root access to terminal so you dont have to type your password for the rest of these commands.

cd the/extracted/folder/from/zip/cham

for this command simply download the zip i plreviously attached then extract it. then type "cd" then a space then drag and drop the extracted cham folder in to terminal, press enter

./fdisk440 -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s2

cp boot insert/path/to/snwleoII/root

(copying the boot file to root of snowleopard II) drag the "Snowleopard II" hd icon into teminal after you type "cp boot "

if you have Team viewer ill do it for you. team viewer is a quick vnc OSX app, no setup required except a download, just search at google

Hello!

I just installed iDeneb 1,6 with these:

- Chameleon 2

- 9,5,0 Kernel Voodoo

- Apple Decrypt

- Disabler

- DSDT Patch

- Time machine fix

- OpenHalt Restart

- About this Mac fix

- System profiler Fix

- IOUSB Family Fix

- Seatbelt Fix

- Voodoo USBEHCI

- Apple Azalia Audio

- AHCI SATA IDE

- Apple ATI ATA

- Jmicro ATA

- RTL8111

- Netgear WG111v3 (it's my wifi usb ^^ )

- Voodoo Power

- ATY_init

On this configuration:

Mobo Gigabyte 890GPA UD3H

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

2*2Go Crucial Ballistix PC3 12800

SSD OCZ Agility 2 60Go

XFX HD5850 1Go

All is great but i can only have the 1024*768 resolution, and nothing else ... How can I install the graphic card driver?

I downloaded this kext: http://www.kexts.com/view/485-aty_init_for...59xx_cards.html

I installed it with Kext Helper, and reboot, but i have the same problem :s

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french and 14" :)

Thank's for your answers!

PS: awesome topic :D

PS2: I tried Netkas kexts but it didn't work too! :(

Ok, thank's, so i make a little resume:

I reinstall, and on the "Personnalization screen" i don't select the ATY_init. When the install is finished i reboot.

Then i go on Apple Menu > Software Update > on the screen there's "1.0 GFX" and I select this.

But where i have to put the "boot" file?

Ok for AtiFb=Uakari

I'm going to try this now :)

the root of your chameleon drive, aka where ever chameleon is isntalled, aka wherever you find a boot file already there

ok, so now i am on the fresh install. I don't have Chameleon so i searched the boot file on root but there is not.

And Software Update don't ask me to install anything about 1,0GFX ... :/

are you on OSX 10.6 correct?

Chameleon is what allows you to boot OSX on a pc you haev to have it somewheres, most likely the root of the OSX partition

I said in the Sep 22 2010, 08:52 PM post that i am on iDeneb 1.6 so Mac OS X 10.5.8 ;)

I just find how replace boot file, but is this compatible with iDeneb 1.6?

• 2 weeks later...

Heya sirbow2,

Great work and really do appreciate the time you've take with the guide and all the questions answered here. I've been using a P5k-VM with Q6600 and Radeon HD 5770 - basically I need to edit HD Video and audio and this has worked really solidly for 2 years, and I'm now running 10.6.4 retail with only very minor hitches.

BUT ... I'd love to expand both memory and the number of cores for the work I need to do and I'm really impressed with your rig, especially how well it compares price-wise with the I7 6 core processors.

The system install process you've described seems no more difficult than what I did for my current rig, all hackintosh friendly hardware, but people are always a bit more cautious with AMD.

I wondered if you could let me know how stable the system feels, if you've ever done any benchmark tests on X-bench or Geekbench, and what the results might have been - love to see them if you have the chance.

Also, I'm thinking of getting the 1090T, more or less the same as yours I read, except fro a higher clock speed and more overclock options - wondered if you'd heard any news on that one?

And advice much appreciated, cheers

Note, I need to update my signature! Running 64 bit 10.6.4

every thing works 100% stable except for sleep. if i click the sleep button it shuts off all the stuff like monitor etc, but the computer still is running, and i cant wake it up, but if i then force shut it down the computer boots strait to osx w/ no boot loader like it was sleeping.

ive benched with geek bench, cinebench etc

it EASILY overclocks like BEAST ;) yea!!!

i use mediaespresso 6 for video conversion in Win7 and it has ATI GPU support so it uses the GPU and CPU to encode/Decode, ant its SUPER FAST. i can encode full HD TV shows (20 minute show) in a few minutes

you wont regret it.

expect for the 6XXX amd series of video cards are comming out soon ;) my 5850 is gunna be outdated :)

ive benched with geek bench, cinebench etc

it EASILY overclocks like BEAST :blink: yea!!!

Heya,

That's fantastic! I think I'm going to order my system on Monday but with the 1090T. It's a bit extra (still really cheap compared to the I7 6-cores CPUS, but seems worth it, check out this story - 1090T o'clocked to 6.8Ghz!

http://www.insidehw.com/News/Hardware/Phen...to-6-8-GHz.html

What sort of overclocking can your beast achieve, and curiously, what sort of Geek Bench scores are you averaging?

Cheers, D

Great,

I'm not much of an overclocker myself - I have watercooling (Corsair H50 - dead simple but effective) and just limit to what seems stable within a reasonable temp range, but have got my Q6600 up to about 3.3 which I'm happy about without pushing too boundaries or losing too much sleep. Just curiously, how did the benchmark tests go? Just wondering what the CPU results might be verses a standard 17 970 or 975. If you don't have them no problem - appreciate all the time you've put in here already helping people!

Cheers,

the screenie was taken form windows with benches from both windows 7 and OSX.

the cpu is clocked to 3.2GHz

Windows 7 64 BIT=5.71 rating

OSX 64BIT= 5.22 rating

OSX 32BIT= 4.86 rating

gpu benches from cinbench: HiS Ati Radeon HD 5850

Windows 7 64bit=56.66 rating

OSX 64Bit=53.54

as you can see according to windows (which gives more accurate benches as osx isnt meant for PC's) that my Phenom II X6 @ 3.2Ghz is a little better than the i7 960 !!!! :)

... i wonder what the benches would be if i OCed to 4Ghz.....

post-440200-1286718571_thumb.jpg

post-440200-1286718589_thumb.jpg

the screenie was taken form windows with benches from both windows 7 and OSX.

the cpu is clocked to 3.2GHz

Windows 7 64 BIT=5.71 rating

OSX 64BIT= 5.22 rating

OSX 32BIT= 4.86 rating

gpu benches from cinbench: HiS Ati Radeon HD 5850

Windows 7 64bit=56.66 rating

OSX 64Bit=53.54

as you can see according to windows (which gives more accurate benches as osx isnt meant for PC's) that my Phenom II X6 @ 3.2Ghz is a little better than the i7 960 !!!! :censored2:

... i wonder what the benches would be if i OCed to 4Ghz.....

Hey, this is great. All the more reason to get one I reckon. BUT, one quick question based on the MOBO, and one I should have considered. Do the Sata III ports work on your OSX build? I was just about to press 'order' and realised there are only 2 dedicated Sata II ports, and as Mac doesn't support Sata III yet, I wonder if they are backwards compatible on the OSX86 version. Cheers, D

osx detects all the SATA ports on the mobo as Sata II

it will work for you, i beleive

Great, do you have any of the Sata II drives connected to Sata III ports? It's the last question for me but a big of a biggie as I have to run software raid on the HD vid drives and need lots of SATA ports.

:censored2:

You are, as we say in the Anitpodes (Sydney) a legend.

You are, as we say in the Anitpodes (Sydney) a legend.

Great, do you have any of the Sata II drives connected to Sata III ports?

yes i have three Sata II drives, one Bluray(what a shame OSX doesnt support bluray disks) a dvd burner and a 1 TB HD.

i haven't tried raid but im pretty sure it will work with as ive read a little about it on the forums.