Dell studio xps 8100 Hackintosh

6 posts in this topic

Is it possible to dual boot win7 and max osx on the studio xps 8100. The specs of my computer are -

Memory: 6gb ram

Network: DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe card

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67Ghz

Cd/Dvd Drive: PLDS DVDRBWD DH-6E2S

Audio: ATI HD audio device

Display: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Storage: 1TB HDD

If it is possible could you please tell me what version of Osx i need to run. Or even direct me to a guide for installation. Thanks in advance. :(

Is it possible to dual boot win7 and max osx on the studio xps 8100. The specs of my computer are -

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67Ghz

If it is possible could you please tell me what version of Osx i need to run. Or even direct me to a guide for installation. Thanks in advance. :P

Google part by part to see if anyone has had any issues with your piece of hardware and osx.

Like:

ATI Radeon HD 5450 "Snow Leopard" (Found an issue with no kext for this model after a quick search)

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 "Snow Leopard" (Should work)

Etc...

Make a checklist and write down any fixes for any possible issues with your hardware if there are any issues/fixes available.

Also need tosee which guide is easiest to follow, and that you meet the prerequisites.

Best advice is to us hardware which has been tested and has fixes for all issues, but it is possible that some tweaks and fixes could work for you. Be prepared to research research and research before you attempt any OSX install!

Google part by part to see if anyone has had any issues with your piece of hardware and osx.

Like:

ATI Radeon HD 5450 "Snow Leopard" (Found an issue with no kext for this model after a quick search)

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 "Snow Leopard" (Should work)

Etc...

Make a checklist and write down any fixes for any possible issues with your hardware if there are any issues/fixes available.

Also need tosee which guide is easiest to follow, and that you meet the prerequisites.

Best advice is to us hardware which has been tested and has fixes for all issues, but it is possible that some tweaks and fixes could work for you. Be prepared to research research and research before you attempt any OSX install!

Thanks a bunch i will do this. :P

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67Ghz

If it is possible could you please tell me what version of Osx i need to run. Or even direct me to a guide for installation. Thanks in advance. :)

DID IT WORK?

• 3 months later...

I have successfully installed OSX 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.7 with everything working QE/CI/CL on Dell Studio XPS 8100. more instruction at the bottom

USE RAID mode and you also need to inject AHCIPortinjector.kext into /Extra folder of the installation Disc. in raid mode it's ICH8R for studio xps 8100 and you don't need to modify AHCIPortinjector.kext, it is already added there. I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then iAtkos S3 V2 Disc for installation. Without AHCIPortinjector.kext you can successfully go to Installation screen but disc utility will not show/recognize any sata drives. Dont forget to take out ram if your system is more than 4GB. You can insert more Ram after it's successfully installed and boot.