• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

free_refil

free_refil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, I use this guide to install Snow Leopard on my system. I used the 10.6 disc, then installed all the kexts that the guide links to on this post. It worked properly, and I used OSx86Tools to clean shop and fix permissions and what not to get the system up to speed. I then used the same OSx86Tools to install TeaTeam's 10.6.4 kernel so that I could upgrade to 10.6.4. I then used OSx86Tools to re-install the kexts and fix permissions and the system runs like a dream now, with ONE EXCEPTION. While using the AC adapter, the CPU scales fine as observed using CPU-I. But on battery, it's stuck at 800MHz. I don't know what kext controls this scheme, but I'd like for it to scale all the way to 1.6GHz on battery as the system is really slow @ 800MHz... Can anybody tell me what's going on? I've searched and searched and searched but can't come up with anything... I'm completely new to OS X and Linux, so I feel I've come along fairly well so far... Thank you for your help!

gsw953

gsw953

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
It sounds like Voodoo Power Mini isn't loading.In the folder you download,where CPU-I is, there should be anonther app called Kext Utility,run that and restart

JaE-V

JaE-V

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
voodoo power management kext is properly loaded for me and still no dice from extra or s/l/e cpu downclocks

free_refil

free_refil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
What does s/l/e cpu downclocks mean? My cpu, while on a/c power, clocks down to 800mhz when i'm not doing anything and then scales back up to 1.6ghz under load... It's just while on battery it's stuck at 800mhz.... I'm going to search for a newer voodoo mini kext and d/l that, do i have to remove the old one? and if so, how? I know how to add kexts just fine but not sure on removing them.....

JaE-V

JaE-V

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

What does s/l/e cpu downclocks mean? My cpu, while on a/c power, clocks down to 800mhz when i'm not doing anything and then scales back up to 1.6ghz under load... It's just while on battery it's stuck at 800mhz.... I'm going to search for a newer voodoo mini kext and d/l that, do i have to remove the old one? and if so, how? I know how to add kexts just fine but not sure on removing them.....

s/l/e means system library extensions folder...cpu downclocks was just a fragment should've put a comma there or something...but still looking for a fix here

skezza

skezza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
This is a Intel SpeedStep thing. SpeedStep basically scales back your processor to save energy while unplugged. While plugged in, the CPU should scale to about 600Mhz (although I don't know what processor yours is) but when an application loads should run at 1.6Ghz. On mine, when on battery it is sorted of restricted at between 600-800 to preserve battery life.

Mine isn't too bad at 600Mhz (mine is on battery right now and it's easily usable) but the fact the battery is total {censored} is more of a problem, because I barely get an hour and half out of this thing and for what it's worth it may as well run at full power. Not sure how it can be fixed.

icarususa

icarususa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Could anyone find a solution for this by any chance? I have found a funny workaround and I explained here how: http://www.insanelym...p...95180&st=60

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
Anybody ventured ahead with Lion on this A1?

redreda

redreda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Anybody ventured ahead with Lion on this A1?

Dont bother no support at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy