• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

fOZf8

fOZf8

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I've tried searching around on this forum, although the search engine is an arse pain unless you know the exact terms sequentially and all...anyway, I have an installation of 10.4.6 that I installed through vmware on my main desktop, then copied the hdd over to an external drive and copied it over to my toshiba m35-s456. It's a non-pae centrino laptop, but I still cant manage a native install, and vmware still gives me pae errors, so I tried this method.

Where its at now, it boots to the darwin bootloader and when I do a verbose output boot it freezes after it reaches the firewire loading up...simply hangs there endlessly, no panics or anything. I've tried booting with -s, -x, platform=x86 etc (or whatever that one is) and it's identical everytime. Is there anything else anyone could suggest trying in order to get a full boot up? It seems to recognize the processor fine and all, and the hdd etc, it just dosn't give any visual indication of WHY it's stalling.

Bart86

Bart86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I use Google to search this site. Just do "<search whatever> fromsite:forum.insanelymac.com".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy