how has 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 working on 1005ha (n270)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

terramir

terramir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Hi I'd like to get my hackint0sh updated to 10.6.4 eventually but right now 10.6.3 update is what I got. the thing is that I cannot seem to get everything working (got bt-183 and dw1510 which work out of the box). sleep/hibernation wakeup problems sound and speed step alot of dsdt posted have brightness problems and well also some are for 1 gb I got 2gb of ram.

Does anyone have a system where everything works and can post /link the kext and or dsdt.aml used.

terramir

Taifuun

Taifuun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
As of right now,

I have my system updated to 10.6.3

The things that are working are everything except two problems (including speedstep)

After sleep the backlight does not come back on so i have to restart (the function key works normally)

As for bluetooth i cannot manually turn it off in the system preferences (its on all the time)

but since i dont use it i turned it off in my bios.

If you have any questions how i installed it pm me.

(I have the 2GB version but i know that you just have to change the code to 1 gb to have support for battery calculator)

I didnt bother to upgrade to 10.6.4 because there arent that much advantages from it.

Wish you a best of luck

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi I'd like to get my hackint0sh updated to 10.6.4 eventually but right now 10.6.3 update is what I got. the thing is that I cannot seem to get everything working (got bt-183 and dw1510 which work out of the box). sleep/hibernation wakeup problems sound and speed step alot of dsdt posted have brightness problems and well also some are for 1 gb I got 2gb of ram.

Does anyone have a system where everything works and can post /link the kext and or dsdt.aml used.

terramir

Sent you a PM with instructions for 10.6.4 combo update.

I have a pretty good MacBook Mini with my 1005HA N280/250GB/2GB RAM

The following work...

WiFi using Broadcom no name card
Ethernet using Reader02's kext
Blluetooth with working on/off in SysPref and Menu Bar item
Touchpad with multitouch and inertial scrolling
Brightness works with Fn and brightness keys
Volume keys work with Spark key mapper
Battery meter works (using SlimBatteryMonitor for display as it looks better than the Apple version)
CPU temperature monitor
Tethering to my Nokia E71 and E63 - haven't jailbroken my iPhone 3Gs so no go there
Dual boot into SL and Win7
SpeedStep working
Sleep works from Apple menu, timer and lid close - needs a key press to wake
Getting 10 hours+ now on battery if I let it sleep and just check emails and occasionally look at a web page or two
Never get less than 6 hours even with CS3 activity, Bluetooth tethering and lots of surfing - great battery

The only SW I don't seem to be able to run acceptably is the Android SDK - it's slow as molasses

Google Chrome browser is a little flakey but it's beta so...

Cheers.

johnnycc9

johnnycc9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

Could you post your instructions here so people who search on Google can see them?
If not, would you mind sending me a PM with them?

Thanks!

CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I've got an 1005HA that I spent a lot of time with. Now it can triple boot the "big three" and I'm on 10.6.3. Besides the fact that I haven't updated, I still have problems with sleep. If someone could tell me how to patch the dsdt.aml file, I'd really appreciate that.

Also, VFR_Pilot, you have inertial scrolling? I've got two-finger scroll but no inertia. Did you do something special to enable that?

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts
Describe the sleep problem?

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I've got an 1005HA that I spent a lot of time with. Now it can triple boot the "big three" and I'm on 10.6.3. Besides the fact that I haven't updated, I still have problems with sleep. If someone could tell me how to patch the dsdt.aml file, I'd really appreciate that.

Also, VFR_Pilot, you have inertial scrolling? I've got two-finger scroll but no inertia. Did you do something special to enable that?

DSDTSE will simplify the DSDT.aml editing process. Google it if you don't find a link at InsanelyMac. Instructions included in the download. I didn't need to edit DSDT to get sleep working - SleepEnabler.kext seems to work for me.

Inertial scrolling courtesy of Smart Scroll. It's an app that loads on startup. Google for their website. Very cool!

HTH.

CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

DSDTSE will simplify the DSDT.aml editing process. Google it if you don't find a link at InsanelyMac. Instructions included in the download. I didn't need to edit DSDT to get sleep working - SleepEnabler.kext seems to work for me.

Inertial scrolling courtesy of Smart Scroll. It's an app that loads on startup. Google for their website. Very cool!

HTH.

Thanks for the replies. I did get DSDTSE and can open my current DSDT file with it. I suppose I didn't look extremely hard for the instructions, but I was still completely confused nonetheless... and I've had bad luck with SleepEnabler, kernel panics from what I can remember. I'll do some more tinkering today hopefully.

Thanks for the Smart Scroll link. I'm a big fan of... inertia.

inimicus

inimicus

Drunk and Angry Slurs in 31 Flavors

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

...and I've had bad luck with SleepEnabler, kernel panics from what I can remember.

Just be sure your kernel and SleepEnabler version match.  If there's a mismatch, it'll panic about a version mismatch in system powermanagement (surprise!).

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts
1005ha should get sleep working without SleepEnabler.kext

Luthraz

Luthraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Just wanted to confirm I got 10.6.4 working great after running the combo updates and then NBI 0.8.4 RC1 after each update. Dunno if this was necessary or not but I did it just to be safe.

Does anyone know of a kext that will work with the touchpad off button?

belowme

belowme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

terramir

im about to buy one of these refurbished/cheap, can anyone give me instructions for the 1005ha or just a list of kexts ill need to get everything working?

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

The following work...

WiFi using Broadcom no name card
Ethernet using Reader02's kext
Blluetooth with working on/off in SysPref and Menu Bar item
Touchpad with multitouch and inertial scrolling
Brightness works with Fn and brightness keys
Volume keys work with Spark key mapper
Battery meter works (using SlimBatteryMonitor for display as it looks better than the Apple version)
CPU temperature monitor
Tethering to my Nokia E71 and E63 - haven't jailbroken my iPhone 3Gs so no go there
Dual boot into SL and Win7
SpeedStep working
Sleep works from Apple menu, timer and lid close - needs a key press to wake
Getting 10 hours+ now on battery if I let it sleep and just check emails and occasionally look at a web page or two
Never get less than 6 hours even with CS3 activity, Bluetooth tethering and lots of surfing - great battery

The only SW I don't seem to be able to run acceptably is the Android SDK - it's slow as molasses

Google Chrome browser is a little flakey but it's beta so...

Cheers.

could u tell us... how did u do? :angel:

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
What I've to modify in my DSDT to get sleep working? Help, please!
I can't fix this problem. I'm trying with sleepenabler.kext.. :D

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

After sleep the backlight does not come back on so i have to restart (the function key works normally)

I've the same problem... I'm going crazy to solve it.. :D

salo187

salo187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi guys!
first of all thx for all the info and effort you share here!
unfortunately, i can only understand little of what i read here and in other foruns.
i am not even sure if this is the right spot, but its the closest i can get..

I found old posts about installing 10.6 on a 1005ha (actual installation guides), but then i read about getting "wifi not working" "this and that not working"

I found more recent posts about 10.6.3/4 and 5 getting installed, and also the atheros wifi problem solved with some kext or something... so the thing is, information is very scattered and posts go months-wide different so i get guides about installing this one version with one or two drawbacks, but i find in a post after, that those drawbacks are solved. I mean, should i keep with the original installation? is there a new one, so i should ignore the older one? etc...

QUESTION IS

-Where are we at now?
-If i wanna do this on my 1005ha, what SL version should i go to?
-Can u plz give an installation guide for that version?
-Will wifi, etc. work with that version?
-Do i need aditional instalations for that version? (eg. KEXTs - whatever that is!!)
-How do i find them and how do i install them?

Finally,
Please do not feel that i think that all your work is not good enough. It's just that i do not understand most of what i read here so it's hard to keep up. what i would suggest for you to have is an "updated guide for each model - foor noobs" that way you would probably save much of these questions.

THX A LOT IN ADVANCE!!!!
(if this is not where to ask, plz tell me where! thx)

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
- Use "search"
- wifi work perfectly
- SL 10.6.4 starting from SL 10.6.0

:)

speederd

speederd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

hi guys!
first of all thx for all the info and effort you share here!
unfortunately, i can only understand little of what i read here and in other foruns.
i am not even sure if this is the right spot, but its the closest i can get..

I found old posts about installing 10.6 on a 1005ha (actual installation guides), but then i read about getting "wifi not working" "this and that not working"

I found more recent posts about 10.6.3/4 and 5 getting installed, and also the atheros wifi problem solved with some kext or something... so the thing is, information is very scattered and posts go months-wide different so i get guides about installing this one version with one or two drawbacks, but i find in a post after, that those drawbacks are solved. I mean, should i keep with the original installation? is there a new one, so i should ignore the older one? etc...

QUESTION IS

-Where are we at now?
-If i wanna do this on my 1005ha, what SL version should i go to?
-Can u plz give an installation guide for that version?
-Will wifi, etc. work with that version?
-Do i need aditional instalations for that version? (eg. KEXTs - whatever that is!!)
-How do i find them and how do i install them?

Finally,
Please do not feel that i think that all your work is not good enough. It's just that i do not understand most of what i read here so it's hard to keep up. what i would suggest for you to have is an "updated guide for each model - foor noobs" that way you would probably save much of these questions.

THX A LOT IN ADVANCE!!!!
(if this is not where to ask, plz tell me where! thx)

I followed @Colin steps from here http://maceee.blogsp...l?commentPage=4

I have SL 10.6.4 running perfectly....good luck!

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

I followed @Colin steps from here http://maceee.blogsp...l?commentPage=4

I have SL 10.6.4 running perfectly....good luck!

With me the guide didn't work! But You can try! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy