OSX Forum

6 posts in this topic

Great question. The reason that we don't have one now is that we think we've got just about everything else covered - the apps you use, customizing the look, various hacks you find, etc.

Is there something you were wanting to post that didn't fit under what we've currently got? What does everyone else think?

Actually, I feel Pantalaimon has a pretty good point. There is a general discussion for Windows and *nix, but not OS X.

Have you thought about maybe gving Windows and *nix their own sub-forum like OS X has? That way, it's focused on a more general OS forum, as well as OSx86, if you know what I mean. It might also bring in more people who visit this forum, but don't register. Or just people who prefer Windows than OS X.

If there was a Windows subforum, like you have for OS X at the minute, I would post there a quite a bit, since I use XP more than OS X (I know...). Applications, customization, etc...

SABR-

Yeah, we've talked about that idea, and actually had a similar set up for awhile.

We want to maintain our OS X focus, though, which requires a lot of forums on its own. Adding specific Windows forums would expand it even more, and really dilute the mission of this site. We definitely want folks to post other stuff, though, so if you want to discuss Windows... by all means do so! :wallbash:

More to the point, I'm not sure that a general OS X forum is needed since almost any subject can be placed in one of the forums we've already got. We could get rid of a few of those forums and replace them with a general one, but that would make info harder to find.

I gave this quite a bit of thought with the latest forum reorganization and it seems to be working well. Open to criticism, however.

Yeah, you're probably right. If you had it like that before, but decided to change it, then there's no point in going back. Just thought I'd mention it just in case you hadn't thought about it :wallbash: